Brewer Fanatic

4/4/07 Dodgers (Schmidt) @ Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Question for those with DirecTV: they are having the free week for the MLB package and I noticed that they have the Brewers - Dodgers game listed on one of the channels for tonight. Any chance we get this in the Madison area, or will it be blacked out?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not optimistic about tonight. Splits are definitely not in our favor and Schmidt kills the Brewers. Glad we got the series because I predict a 6-1 Brewer loss. Especially if Schmidt goes deep and they bring in that fat guy who made us look foolish. Name escapes me.

Especially if Schmidt goes deep and they bring in that fat guy who made us look foolish. Name escapes me.

That would be Jonathan Broxton...the same fellow who clogged up the Dodgers' attempts to deal for Manny Ramirez...they wouldn't let him go.

playing for nothing? ohhh i think you underestimate this game. there is quite a bit at stake herehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

i live in MN so i will get brewers action the same way as always....http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

cant wait till easter break.

Here are ESPN Split's for Suppan vs. the Dodgers:

LINK

Only 5 Dodgers have more than 13 AB against Suppan and muchof them got those years ago in the AL. Am I really supposed to care if Nomahhhh hit Suppan up in 1998? Also, just looking at BA can be very misleading. Pierre has hit .297 against Suppan but only has a .618.

Despite what LaRussa thinks, batter/pitcher splits rarely tells you very much with respect to expected future outcomes. Conversely, I'm worried about Schmidt because he's a good pitcher, not because of a handful of AB he's had against Brewer batters.

Looks like i'm going to plug in the old rabit ears and see if the WMLW signal can be picked up the old fashioned way here in Beloit.

Don't know that you'll have much luck with that...WMLW is a low power TV station. If the weather is good and you have a good antenna, it's maybe possible, but I wouldn't be optimistic.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote:
Don't know that you'll have much luck with that...WMLW is a low power TV station. If the weather is good and you have a good antenna, it's maybe possible, but I wouldn't be optimistic.

Yeah, I doubt that you will get the WMLW signal from Beloit with rabbit ears. I live in Milwaukee and have a pretty good set of rabbit ears, and barely can get the station to come in. I only know because I tried to watch the Wisconsin high school basketball championships on it and it was a quite a struggle to get the station to come in.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'd kind of like to see Gross instead of Hart tonight.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

with clark's splits against suppan one would wonder if he is going to get the start tonight.

As for Gross his splits are not that great so I would soon rather let mondays lineup start again and see if it works again.

A final answer from the organization regarding tonight's game and FSN:

Hi Benjamin-

Unfortunately, tonight?s game is available only in Milwaukee. For the games that are on WMLW locally here in Milwaukee, they will be seen statewide on FSN Wisconsin, if FSN doesn?t have a previous commitment to that time slot. Tonight?s game conflicts with a Bucks game that that FSN is under contract to show, so our game can only be seen in Milwaukee. The great majority of the 15 games that are on WMLW will be seen statewide, but unfortunately tonight is not one of them.

Thanks for your support of the Milwaukee Brewers!

Drew Olsen

Manager - Entertainment & Broadcasting

Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club

I used the 'contact us' portion of the team's website, and got an answer back in surprisingly short-order. Did anyone else not know he was working for the organization now?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
As for Gross his splits are not that great so I would soon rather let mondays lineup start again and see if it works again.

What splits are you talking about? He crushed righties last year - not much to go on prior to that.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

bj, were you able to ask him anything about a replay? My Time Warner Cable guide in Apple-ton shows that a Brewers / Dodgers game is being replayed tomorrow at noon on FSN. Would that be tonight's game? Or would that be a previous day's game? Or is the guide just wrong and they will be showing the Bucks game replay? Thanks in advance if you can get any answers.

Looks like I'll get Vin Scully for the game tonight, then. That's okay, though. He's a joy to listen to. Of course, I'll probably turn Uecker and Powell on, too.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived