Brewer Fanatic

4/4/07 Dodgers (Schmidt) @ Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to read the whole 20 pages of the thread, but why on earth was Weeks going on that ground ball with the drawn in infield with only 1 out? Where is the 3rd base coach to remind him to make sure it goes through? That was just a dumb play that, to me, was bigger than the Villanueva walk-fest.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???
??? When did that happened?
About three and a half years before the Germans were defeated at Iwo Jima.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

well i hate the book. bill isn't even a traditional 4 hitter. I could see with a guy like thome, or oritz, but come on. We have squeezed to win games with bill. Man ned pisses me off, he bunts for a run in the 4th, but when the game is on the line in the ninth no.

why on earth was Weeks going on that ground ball with the drawn in infield with only 1 out? Where is the 3rd base coach to remind him to make sure it goes through?

at the time it appeared the game might be 2-1. They probably had Weeks running on contact. In that case, once the pitch leaves the hand, there's no communication from the 3b coach

Quote:
That was just a dumb play that, to me, was bigger than the Villanueva walk-fest.

I don't agree. Neither does Jim and Bob. They both said that was the turning point. Not the baserunning blunders.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Those wanting Hall to bunt just assume he'd get it down and in a spot that advances Fielder.My guess is Hall isn't a good bunter and trying could have just put him behind in the count or maybe he pops one up.

Besides all that,you're giving away an out even if he got the bunt down

Overall, a very exciting game to watch. Sure we had our chances to win, but I am still happy with a series win. If we can cut down on our blow-outs this year, it should go a long way in improving our record by squeezing a couple more games out. You guys can get down on Yost for not bunting Hall if you choose to, but I agree with the call. Hall was swinging the bat well all game and has been clutch for the Brewers for the past couple of years.

Quote:
once the pitch leaves the hand, there's no communication from the 3b coach

Yup, understand that. How about in between pitches?

Quote:
I don't agree. Neither does Jim and Bob. They both said that was the turning point. Not the baserunning blunders.

And that would be why I said, and I quote, "That was just a dumb play that, TO ME, was bigger than the Villanueva walk-fest.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

still, it was quite an entertaining game and I hope that we play this way all year.

2-1 is fine with me. I blame the @#%$ thread for tonight's loss. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

- - - - - - - - -

I thought bringing Villy in was not a good move. But, NOT a move I usually nit-pick Ned about. Wise or Aquino would have been the choice for me. Villy should be a starter. Damn..we were hitting Saito hard. The bunt in that position is useless to me. Ned went for the win in front of a great crowd. This is the most I will stick up for Ned! lol

Quote:
but why on earth was Weeks going on that ground ball with the drawn in infield with only 1 out? Where is the 3rd base coach to remind him to make sure it goes through? That was just a dumb play that, to me,

That's a called play that comes from the dugout. It's called a "contact play" as in the runner takes off on contact no matter where the ball is hit (as long as it's on the ground)

You don't see it run much in MLB because the fielders are so advanced that it is a very low % play unless the ball gets through.

But then again Ned likes to use plays that work in HS and little league. That's twice in 2 days.

And I'll remind you that Prince was on deck at the time.

You don't hit Hall cleanup to bunt IMO. It was just a crappy AB off of a really tough closer. My bigger problem with Hall in this one game was getting picked off right before Jenks double, but you've got to love the fight in the team. Saito is incredibly tough.

Oh well. But darn that whole game was frustrating. One play out of about 8 goes the Crew's way and they win (and I suppose the Dodgers could say the same thing in regards to a blowout). But sup turned in a nice start and Villy will be fine.

I agree we should have won, but we really should have done it before Saito even came in.

And I also agree Saito wasn't near as good tonight as he usually is, but I still think he still threw some really nasty pitches in the 9th. He threw a few really nasty ones to Hall IMO.

I totally was on the flex cam at the game!

Turned out to be a good game, to bad the brewers awoke to late. But at least they made it a game. Left field bleachers were on Gonzo all night, was entertaining.

Shame about Bills base running mistakes (Pick off and play at home). win some you lose some.

Archived