Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun To Be On Rome Is Burning Tomorrow (5/21)

jjgott

That video would have been an extremely tough interview. Adam is trying to joke around with dry humor and sarcasm and Braun is trying to joke around too but also say the right things to say. Tough spot to be in.

Corrolla has to be the most untalented person in hollywood.

Moreso than Jim Rome, hisself?

Blasphemy!! I enjoy a good Rome interview myself.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

not liking Rome's style or personality is completely different than thinking he is untalented. Jim Rome is going to be INTERVIEWING Ryan Braun. Rome is one of the best interviewers in the world of sports, hands down. Therefore comparing the talent level of Rome to Corolla is just wrong.

I enjoy listening to Rome every chance I can...I understand his style isn't for everyone, and when his show gets picked up in a new city that has never heard him, he will tell them it will probably take a while to catch on.

Not liking him is one thing, but saying he isn't talented is completely wrong.

He can't do a worse interview with Braun than Corolla did. Not being from Milwaukee or seeing Braun do any interviews, I thought he did just about as well as he could with the questions Adam was throwing at him.

To answer a question that was raised, the interview will take place on his "alone with rome" segment, which is in the second of 4 segments of his 1/2 hour program. i would tune in at the latest 4:36 EST or so just to be safe. my best guess would be braun appearing on the air at 4:38 EST

EDIT: Spelling, clerification

To answer a question that was raised, the interview will take place on his "alone with rome" segment, which is in the second of 4 segments of his 1/2 hour program. i would tune in at the latest 4:36 EST or so just to be safe. my best guess would be braun appearing on the air at 4:38 EST

You were spot on. Thanks for the heads up.

You were spot on. Thanks for the heads up.

BAM!

so can anyone provide a recap or mention anything interesting that was discussed?

thanks in advance!

Here's roughly what was covered in the interivew:

Segment opened with clip of Braun's broken bat RBI last night

- Rome asked about the team's recent road slump and how they finally won in Pittsburgh -- Ryan said they have to figure out a way to start winning games, and there's no better time than now.

- Was asked about his quote in Boston, if they have swagger of last year -- said they do have the swagger they did early last year, it's just a matter of being consistent with it and continuing to play hard.

- Rome asked if he was responding to a question, or if he felt it was something that needed to be said -- Ryan said it was something that needed to be said, and he wasn't responding to a question. He feels like everyone recognizes it in the clubhouse and yesterday was step in right direction.

- Rome mentioned some took it as an indictment on Ned, Ryan said it wasn't an indictment of Ned, that he's a huge fan of Ned, it was a matter of saying they need to play better.

- Rome asked about the Ned/blog hoopla -- Ryan said it wasn't a distraction, said it was unfortunate, that the players all believe in him, and that the team's struggles on the field have nothing to do with him -- the players expect him to be there for the long haul.

- Rome asked about Braun's recent hot streak -- Ryan said his hot streak is hard to explain...some days just feel good and you see the ball well. He hopes it continues as long as possible.

- Rome asked about the Brewers' starting pitching -- Ryan feels they have enough to stay in contention, it's just a matter of consistency...performing on day in day out basis. Said hopefully the starters get it to the point of giving the team a chance to win every day.

- Asked about Gagne's comments about not deserving to close -- Ryan said they believe in him, he just has to go out in believe in himself. Also said they believe in him even though they have a lot of other options in the bullpen, and he hopes he can get back to his old dominant self.

- Talked about his contract extension -- Ryan said the contract was a tremendous honor and a tremendous achievement, and said it's really special for him. Hopes it opens the door for more extensions for his teammates -- Hart, Fielder, Weeks, Hardy mentioned specifically.

- Added that he never anticipated this much success early in his career. Says the extension is unprecedented and says a lot about the front office and the organization.

- Commented on Prince's leadership in the clubhouse and how he's glad Prince is on his team.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

not liking Rome's style or personality is completely different than thinking he is untalented.
It would be nice if fewer people decided that being a jerk was a good career move.

I remember seeing that interivew Ryan did with Corrolla live. That was just awful, felt bad that Ryan got to come on JRIB and instead of Rome doing the interview who is one of the best in the business at interviewing athletes he gets Adam Corrolla. But it was all made up yesterday when Rome finally got to interview Braun, it was well done. Big fan of Rome and big fan of Braun so win, win.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived