Brewer Fanatic

The Bucks and the lottery draft tonight

nate82

Am I the only one who would love to see Kevin Love in a Bucks uniform?

I think he's going to be a solid pro for many years, may never be a 20 ppg scorer but will rebound, pass well and play solid D at the 4.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if you're the only one, but I wouldn't really want him. He's 6'9 so NBA power forwards will not only be more athletic than him, but also taller. He's also not quick enough to defend many of the small forwards. I know he has very solid post moves as well as being an excellent passer for a big guy, but I fear he's not quick/athletic enough to do very well against NBA forwards to warrant him going that high.

I was playing around with the NBA Trade Machine and I know this deal would never go through but it is interesting. 4 team trade the Bucks send Michael Redd and Bobby Simmons to the Cavaliers, the Cavaliers send Ben Wallace and Damon Jones to the Knicks, the Knicks send Jared Jeffries and Zach Randolph to the Nuggets, and the Nuggets send Carmelo Anthony and Marcus Camby to the Bucks.

The trade would be a dream except for the Bucks getting Camby. I know the Cavs were interested in Redd when he was a free agent. Maybe they will try and go for Redd in the off season to help out Lebron. Would be an interesting trade though I'm not sure Carmelo would like to come to Milwaukee and I'm not sure that this would be a good trade for the Knicks or the Nuggets but it is a great trade for the Bucks and Cavs. Maybe the Bucks send the #8 pick to the Nuggets also.

I'm not sure that this would be a good trade for the Knicks or the Nuggets but it is a great trade for the Bucks and Cavs. Maybe the Bucks send the #8 pick to the Nuggets also.

I would have to imagine the Nuggets would want more out of the deal to give up Anthony and Camby. Has Anthony's stock fallen that far in Denver? I do think the Knicks would like that deal because it seems they've been trying to unload Randolph for quite some time now. I think more draft picks would have to go the Nuggets way to make it work. Maybe the Bucks 1st this year, next year, and then maybe another team throwing in a first round like the Cavs? I think the deal does make a lot of sense though for some of the teams.

I would have to imagine the Nuggets would want more out of the deal to give up Anthony and Camby. Has Anthony's stock fallen that far in Denver? I do think the Knicks would like that deal because it seems they've been trying to unload Randolph for quite some time now. I think more draft picks would have to go the Nuggets way to make it work. Maybe the Bucks 1st this year, next year, and then maybe another team throwing in a first round like the Cavs? I think the deal does make a lot of sense though for some of the teams.

Camby would be a throw in since he is usually injured almost every year. This also clears cap space for the Nuggets to sign someone. The 8th pick would be enough and plus what they get back in cap space would be enough for the Nuggets. They will be getting Camby back with Randolph.

Camby has played a good portion of the past two seasons. He led the league in blocks and was second in defensive player of the year rankings this year. The offer the Nets have on the table sending Jefferson, Williams and the 10 pick is so far better than Jeffries and Randolph its laughable

To think that anyone will take Simmons or wallace's contracts is insane. The knicks would move randolph for a guy who will come off the books sooner rather than later. Wallace's contract woudnt be freed up for some time.

To think that anyone will take Simmons or wallace's contracts is insane. The knicks would move randolph for a guy who will come off the books sooner rather than later. Wallace's contract woudnt be freed up for some time.

I understand your logic, but the NBA has a lot of bad contracts out there. It's not like the Bucks are one of the one teams that has it. Simmons could be a valuable piece to a team in the right setting. He's simply on a team right now that has too many guys who play his spot. I'm not saying he's not overpaid, but I am saying he has some value -- albeit extremely overpaid. Is it possible he'll return somewhat back to form next year? Another year further from the injury might help?

And Wallace's contract might be bad, but that didn't prevent him from getting trade this year to Cleveland.

Haislip has actually be a great player over in Turkey IIRC. He'll be back in the NBA.

Give me Anthony Randolph with the pick. Long, versatile, ton of potential. I'd be happy with Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, Donte Green and maybe Joe Alexander.

I think best choice may to trade the pick. Some big time players available now and we have some attractive pieces.

I was fairly disappointed when I first heard we have the 8th pick, but after looking further into the draft prospects, I think the Bucks are going to get a very good player at the 8 slot. I think one of Anthony Randolph, Gordon, and Westbrook will be available, and they could all be very good NBA players. I also like Augustin, Gallinari and Alexander a lot, the draft seems to be deeper than I first thought.

I'm not sure about Randolph. I wonder how much he'll even see the floor in his first two seasons. I'd rather go with a guy who's more of a sure thing than take another project-type player.

I'm not sure about Randolph. I wonder how much he'll even see the floor in his first two seasons. I'd rather go with a guy who's more of a sure thing than take another project-type player.

There aren't too many players like that though. Assuming Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, OJ Mayo, Jerryd Bayless, Brook Lopez(0 interest in him anyways) and Eric Gordon are gone then get one of Westbrook, Randolph, or Donte Green. I think those guys have the highest ceiling of the guys left. I don't think any of the "for sure" players are really that though. They all have major question marks so best to take the guy with the most potential. We'll get a clearer picture after the draft camps.

Best option would to trade down or get a proven player which some good ones are available.

Archived