Brewer Fanatic

The Bucks and the lottery draft tonight

nate82
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So long as we don't pick Gordon, I don't care...think he will bust. Send the pick to Memphis for Conley Jr, or a package including one of their PGs. I think the pick depends on what they decide to do with Redd, they should still be able to get a nice piece for him.

I don't recall Portland being a big market.

Nope, but they had a talented nucleus already in fold. I should have specified that the type of team I'm talking about isn't necessarily driven by market (San Antonio w/David Robinson getting Tim Duncan), but when the team is A) talented yet underachieved etc and B) large market, it's a good bet they'll get the #1 pick. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif I'm half kidding...cough...Patrick Ewing to the Knicks.

There are just too many convenience coincidences that go along with the lottery. Lebron James goes to his pretty much hometown Cavs...the Magic getting the #1 overall pick for the second consecutive year to add talent to Shaq. And when there isn't a worthy guy there at #1, Toronto gets it!

Again, I'm half kidding. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

why dont we take Jerel Mcneal?

Seriously though....maybe we should take a chance and trade for a 1st rounder next year and an additional pick. Take a chance that the team you trade it too will have a terrible year and will get an even higher pick next year. I say trade everyone except Yi and Bogut..the team is going nowhere next year and theres no point in keeping Redd, Williams or Villanueva

I don't see how Gordon would be an improvement over Redd. I saw way too many box scores like 6-21 FG, 2-11 3P FG, 8 TO from him. Definitely dont want Mayo either, there's no way that guy doesn't get in any sort of legal trouble.

I guess that means we are either trading out of this pick or taking Augustin if available.

Yuck, i want nothing to do with another midget PG and/or one that doesn't defend well. Augustin i think when officially measured will be around 5'10 and he wasn't much of a defender in college. If you're going to draft high a tiny PG that isn't a good defender, you better be sure that guy has special offensive talent and that not Augustin.

I've spent the last five years watching TJ and Mo be real defensive liabilities at PG, that last thing i want to see is adding another one. With the rules in todays NBA that makes it tougher to guard perimeter players, having a bad defensive PG can just wreak havoc on a teams defense.

I'd rather roll the dice on Westbrook that he can be coached on his offensive skills because that kid would be the Bucks best defensive guard to be around here in quite awhile.

Keeping the pick, I like Westbrook as well. I think he is most comparable to Monta Ellis, who is my favorite player to watch in the league. Just to think that he was on the table before the draft last year when the Warriors wanted Yi. If I found out those rumors were true, I would honestly throw up

Either Gordon or Mayo would be an improvement over Redd.

Redd is the most hated player on the Bucks it seems. He's the Derrick Turnbow of the Bucks. Redd can still be a valuable player and I'd take Redd over Gordon easily. Redd looks like he's worn out his welcome in Milwaukee. I'd like to see us trade the pick since I do believe the Bucks already have enough talent on the roster to improve on this past year. Addition by subtraction.

The more I hear about Joe Alexander the more I would like him as our pick. He is a 6-8 SF w/ crazy athletic ability. Seems like a good shot blocker, and great all around player. I've seen him play a couple of games, and he seems like a great competitor, and a very confident player. He has also only played organized ball for 5 years, so his upside is huge.

The more I hear about Joe Alexander the more I would like him as our pick. He is a 6-8 SF w/ crazy athletic ability. Seems like a good shot blocker, and great all around player. I've seen him play a couple of games, and he seems like a great competitor, and a very confident player. He has also only played organized ball for 5 years, so his upside is huge.

Yea I watched West Virginia quite a bit this year. He's a nice player and I think he could fit in on the 3 spot. I wonder if the Bucks could trade down to say 11 - 15 and still get him there. This way they might be able to pick up a player or two and potentially dump one of their contracts.

Any chance of packaging the 8 pick and Mo Williams to move up to #2 from the Heat. I know the Heat really wanted Williams last off-season, and they need more than one piece to become contenders again. I would do whatever I can to get the rights to Derek Rose.

Any chance of packaging the 8 pick and Mo Williams to move up to #2 from the Heat. I know the Heat really wanted Williams last off-season, and they need more than one piece to become contenders again. I would do whatever I can to get the rights to Derek Rose.

I believe the Heat would have to throw in a player or two to get the salaries close. I don't know if Miami really has anything in terms of players they're willing to give up that the Bucks would be interested in.

I don't know, I didn't really see Haislip play in college, but I don't think he had any basketball smarts at all. I've seen Joe Alexander take over games offensively, he seems like he will be an all around player, unlike Haislip. I would also like to see them move down a couple slots if available to get him.

I'm pretty sure Mo's status as a base year compensation player makes him really tough to deal. Beyond that, I have been playing on the espn trade machine and they'd have to work a sign and trade at this point due to the large amount of players the Heat have unsigned going into next year. I also don't believe they would make a deal until Draft day because they'd love to have Rose. If Beasley is the pick, they'd most likely trade it because they think Haslem is their answer at the 4

Bit of a tough break, particularly with the Bulls getting the first pick. I definitely like Westbrook if they stay at eight. Wouldn't be surprised if they packaged the eight pick with Mo or Redd for a player and a later pick.

I also like Alexander but admit he'd be a reach at 8, which doesn't necessarily mean that they shouldn't take him if they feel he would help. It just seems to me that there are a bunch of players that could go anywhere from 3 to the mid-teens.

From the little I've seen of Alexander and the things I've read, he's got a far better feel for the game than Noselip did. Noselip had a million dollar body but a one cent brain. Alexander seems to have the brain to have a nice career.

I loved watching Alexander at West Virginia, but I'm not so sure it would be warranted taking him 8th, or even during the lottery for that matter. If they trade down it would be nice to get him, but if they stay at 8 I'd like to see them draft Westbrook.

Archived