Brewer Fanatic

The Bucks and the lottery draft tonight

nate82

If the Bucks get a top 5 pick who do they pick?

Assuming they get a #3, 4, or 5 pick who do they take at those spots? If the Bucks get the #3 pick do you take Mayo with the #3 pick or do you take Gordon?

The only obvious pick that I see if the Bucks get the #1 or #2 pick is to take Beasley or Rose. Or do the Bucks trade out of the top 5 assuming they get a top 5 pick? I would rather the Bucks trade Redd or Williams for a later first round pick.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well they can only get 1,2,3,7,8,or 9

If they get #1 you have to take Rose. If they get 2 it would be Beasley or Rose, at #3 I would take Bayless. I think there are a bunch of guys they could look at if they stay at 7 or drop to 8 that includes Gordon, Love, Lopez, and Westbrook

Draft a point guard. There are several to choose from. Mo needs to be moved to shooting guard unless he can be traded. If top 5, take Mayo or Bayless. If not, drop down to 12 or so and take Augustin or Westbrook.

well they can only get 1,2,3,7,8,or 9

Can't they get the 10th pick if 3 teams jump ahead of them at the 7 slot? If the draft falls in place by actual records/ping pong balls they would be 7th. Thus if 3 teams past 7 get 1 - 3 they'd drop to the 10 spot.

If they could get the better Lopez twin(Brook) I wouldnt be upset. He would be a nice PF along side Bogut that would bring an element of rebounding and defense which this team needs desperately.

Augustin is not TJ Ford. He is 6'0 and the same height as Chris Paul.
I know he is not. My point is that he is hardly a point guard that stresses defense. At 6 feet you can be a good point guard, I just wonder if you can succeed for skiles if you don't play d.

If they could get the better Lopez twin(Brook) I wouldnt be upset. He would be a nice PF along side Bogut that would bring an element of rebounding and defense which this team needs desperately.

I like that pick but that doesn't really help us on the scoring side of the ball. I guess you could move Yi to the SF spot. I'm not sure Yi is athletic enough to be a SF.

I would rather draft Mayo but if we are not in the top 5 I don't see a problem with drafting Lopez.

If a trade is available, I'd look for that. If not, PG is my #1 priority. You've got an OK shooting guard (who I'd look to trade to rebuild this team), a good young SF in Yi, a PF/C in Bogut. You're looking for a PG or a frontline guy.

Yi is a PF. If we get one of the top 2, I would want Beasley to fill our SF role. I think a front line of Bogut, Yi, and Beasley would be very good for years to come. I also like Brook Lopez and from what I hear Anthony Randolph is going to be a stud. I like Augustine, but don't like the height issue. I like him as a PG better than Bayless or Westbrook.

Verified Member

I think there's something like a 4.3% chance of the Bucks landing the #1 pick tonight, so I'm thinking #7 or 8 is likely.

I agree that PG is probably the biggest need and there are 3 good ones after Rose. Out of Bayless, Augustine, and Westbrook I like Westbrook the best as he's clearly the best defender, Bayless seems to have a little Mo Williams in him in that he loves to shoot and really isn't the distributor the team needs and Augustine has some issues defensively. This team needs guys who can/want to pass and can/want to defend.

If the bucks don't move up from the 7 spot, there's a very real chance they'll trade the pick to get rid of a bad contract. I'd love if they can work out a deal with the Raptors for Calderon, who might be on the market

I thought Augustin was a fast PG that cant play defense. I think we need to trade down, or use the pick to help us get rid of one of their bad contracts (which pretty much includes everyone not on a rookie contract). Damn Lottery!

Archived