Brewer Fanatic

5/20/08 Brewers (Parra) at Pirates (Maholm): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the Gagne rollercoaster starts.....

You know you are in bad shape when you bring in your closer in with a 6 run lead. Never would have happened last year. Just shows that Gagne needs to figure it out.

I hope people finally stop giving Gagne a pass and agree with what I said after his 4th B.S. This guy CANNOT get it done. It is not because he is getting squeazed, it is not because he has bad luck...he just can't make good pitches when he needs them.

What I don't get is that Gagne is throwing the ball well (or... decently anyway) - fastball in the low-middle 90's, good changeup.

If you look at the pitch location from that HR, it was on the inner 1/2 of the plate about mid thigh. At 92MPH, Juan Pierre could probably hit that one out. 92 MPH at that same plate location, but around the knees is a whole different ball game, but leaving pitches around the thigh or waist in MLB is asking for a HR.

Archived