Brewer Fanatic

5/20/08 Brewers (Parra) at Pirates (Maholm): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm not a yost fan by any means, but if you guys are really complaining about a double steal because prince is up, you're just looking for excuses now.

Yeah, we have enough Yost bashing threads already.

Couldn't the condescending toward others rule be applied to Brewer personnel for at least in-game threads?

I don't mean to complain, com'on guys, disagree if with him if you want, but can't we have at least 3 hours where we don't just flat out call Yost names.

Step one, lead-off double. Step two, three, four and five will occur before a move is made. By then its too late. Then Prince will jack his solo shot in the 8th once they are down by 5.

I have to say I am glad my bitterness was wrong so far. It was the milk typing.

i'm not a yost fan by any means, but if you guys are really complaining about a double steal because prince is up, you're just looking for excuses now.

Yeah, we have enough Yost bashing threads already.

Couldn't the condescending toward others rule be applied to Brewer personnel for at least in-game threads?

I don't mean to complain, com'on guys, disagree if with him if you want, but can't we have at least 3 hours where we don't just flat out call Yost names.

this is funny to me. imagine sitting at a live baseball game and not hearing any derogatory language toward anyone on the field. this is the next best thing to being at a game (thank you BF.net guys) so relax and enjoy the passion and intensity of sport, though it may not always be on the positive side. cmon seth.

Parra needs to figure out a way to go longer than 5 and 2/3. He pitched well today, he just needs to be able to keep his pitch count down. One particular situation I can think of was when there was a runner on first and the batter (can't remember who) was offering a bunt. Parra proceeded to go 3-0 on him and eventually he bunted and got out. Parra should just throw him a pitch to bunt, save 5 pitches there and cut his losses.

congrats, Manny. can't you feel him starting to gain confidence and presence on the hill? i like what i see.

nicely done, Seth.

these are the kind of games we need to win as the season progresses. start to turn the tide on things like playing horribly @ PNC in the past... the typical brewer fade in the last few months...

and by the way, is anyone else disturbed by the miller lite blind guy commercial? i am.

That handling of Parra is just mindblowingly foolish.

HUH??????? yea he had arm surgeries in the past, but 110+ pitches is alright occasionally. Its when they are doing it every game then you start questioning the decision.

Parra needs to figure out a way to go longer than 5 and 2/3. He pitched well today, he just needs to be able to keep his pitch count down. One particular situation I can think of was when there was a runner on first and the batter (can't remember who) was offering a bunt. Parra proceeded to go 3-0 on him and eventually he bunted and got out. Parra should just throw him a pitch to bunt, save 5 pitches there and cut his losses.
i'm no mlb pitcher, and i like the idea presented here... but i think this is an easier said than done situation.

imagine sitting at a live baseball game and not hearing any derogatory language toward anyone on the field.

I enjoy those types of games. Those are the games don't mind taking my young daughter to.

There are actually sections in the park where you don't hear some words.

116th pitch was a 93 MPH heater to K McClouth.

Whale of an outing Manny, well done.

Yost has done nothing wrong tonight.

nice to see some people still on this train http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mike, you have now erased the run differential you may have cost us. All is forgiven, for now. LOL
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived