Brewer Fanatic

summerfest headliners beginning to get announced

patrickgpe
I'll second the nod to Old 97s. Well worth the price of admission.

Actually, I'm going to see them in Oshkosh instead, since that is only a little over an hour from my house. I'm only making the three hour trip to Milwaukee once, and that's for (mainly) DBT.

RayKings - you should drop me a line if you do wind up going there. I'm sure there will some other Nine Bullets people there, too. I'll definitely be cozying up between the monitors by Cooley.

anyone excited to see Coheed and Cambria? I think they are playin the Miller Oasis on July 2nd. They put on a great show. Saw them at the rave last spring and they jammed out on Final Cut for about 20 minutes.

311 at the Miller Lite Oasis is probably the best side stage act announced so far

There's always at least one side-stage show where I do a double take & say, 'Wait, they're on a side stage?" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm geeked about July 4th with Big D and the Kids Table, Goldfinger, and Less Than Jake. Last year's tour of Streetlight Manifesto, Less Than Jake, and Reel Big Fish was awesome, I'm glad to see round two this year.

Goldfinger/Less Than Jake will be a fun show
Wow, definitely. I've seen LTJ several times but never got around to seeing Goldfinger. They're both well past their primes now--I didn't even know Goldfinger was still around-- but I'm sure they'll play a lot of older stuff.

RayKings - you should drop me a line if you do wind up going there. I'm sure there will some other Nine Bullets people there, too. I'll definitely be cozying up between the monitors by Cooley.

?We'll see... I'm going to see them in June down near San Diego - so that might hold me over for awhile...

Speaking of NineBullets - I'm bummed that it's still down - I spend just as much time lurking over there as I do over here... and this Brewers stuff is depressing right now.

But I agree with you - there may be no better place to watch a show than right in front of Cooley...

(watching a Pearl Jam show right in front of Mike McCready is a close 2nd...)

I'll second the nod to Old 97s. Well worth the price of admission.

Actually, I'm going to see them in Oshkosh instead, since that is only a little over an hour from my house. I'm only making the three hour trip to Milwaukee once, and that's for (mainly) DBT.

Brett - I live in Oshkosh and am thinking about going to that show. I actually live a few blocks from the Amphitheater. We should meet up or something.

Yeah, definitely. My plans should clear up pretty quickly on it, but like I said, I am pretty sure I'm going. Do those Waterfest shows usually draw big crowds?

You like the new Old 97's album, RyDogg?

I have always wanted to see Alkaline Trio, I recommend them highly

I would hope times have changed in the past few years, but I swear, everytime I saw them they were boring and WAYYYYY outta tune. This happened when I saw them in Chicago at the bowling alley (which is now gone, and can't remember it's name for the life of me)...the Globe, The Rave, and Marcus opening for Blink 182 and Green Day...********* is a great album, and so is the next one, after that they weren't worth it that much

LTJ on the 4th though will rule, they are one of the most entertaining live bands around, and they still play a decent amount of older stuff

Yeah, definitely. My plans should clear up pretty quickly on it, but like I said, I am pretty sure I'm going. Do those Waterfest shows usually draw big crowds?

You like the new Old 97's album, RyDogg?

Waterfest draws decent crowds for an every Thursday night event. The new Amphitheater is fantastic. It is a good time. As far as the new album goes, I havent had a chance to hear it yet, how is it?

I see Todd Rundgren is playing that night, too. I have "Something/Anything?" which I still consider a classic album. I don't have a great desire to see him, though. I do want to see the Old 97's, though, and it's tough to beat the price, coupled with the fact that it's the closest to me that a band I actually want to see will ever play (usually).

"Blame It On Gravity" sounds closer to their earlier stuff. Nothing can match "Too Far To Care", because that is a fantastic album, but it's more along those lines than the stuff that followed it that was more mellow. I think it's pretty much being called a return to form.

I see Todd Rundgren is playing that night, too. I have "Something/Anything?" which I still consider a classic album. I don't have a great desire to see him, though. I do want to see the Old 97's, though, and it's tough to beat the price, coupled with the fact that it's the closest to me that a band I actually want to see will ever play (usually).

"Blame It On Gravity" sounds closer to their earlier stuff. Nothing can match "Too Far To Care", because that is a fantastic album, but it's more along those lines than the stuff that followed it that was more mellow. I think it's pretty much being called a return to form.

Blame it on Gravity is the best record since Too Far Too Care (but I have to admit I'm a huge fan and I think all the albums are great). BIOG doesn't quite capture the feeling of a live show as well as TFTC did. I'd say that BIOG sounds like a blend of TFTC and the high points on Fight Songs (which I think is under-appreciated by 97s fans). There are 2 tracks that sound like Rhett Miller songs on an Old 97's album (if that makes sense), but over all it's a solid 97's album, and Murry's songs are great.

You may run like Mays...

I would hope times have changed in the past few years, but I swear, everytime I saw them they were boring and WAYYYYY outta tune. This happened when I saw them in Chicago at the bowling alley (which is now gone, and can't remember it's name for the life of me)...the Globe, The Rave, and Marcus opening for Blink 182 and Green Day...********* is a great album, and so is the next one, after that they weren't worth it that much

LTJ on the 4th though will rule, they are one of the most entertaining live bands around, and they still play a decent amount of older stuff

I'm actually the exact opposite, hah. I haven't liked anything Less Than Jake has put out since Hello Rockview, which was about 10 years ago and after seeing them a few times live it gets kind of old. Goldfinger is like 10 years past their prime too if you ask me.

I'm not exactly in love with Alk Trio's last couple CD's, but I'm a big "From Here to Infirmary" fan.

losing streak is there best album without question, borders and boundries came after that, and then anthem...borders and boundries is excellent, but only like 2 of my friends who love that band agree with me...anthem is hit and miss, i don't have anything after that, but that's okay...if you only see them once every few years they come up with new gimmicks and stuff....that first warped tour at the rave they blew everyone outta the water, but that was also during losing streak

and yes, warped tour was at the rave

Archived