7-3 Plain White T's

Gomez

7-4 Seether

Five Finger Death Punch

7-5 Jackyl

Cracker

7-6 Mickey Hart

The Bravery

Overall I find the lineups disappointing. Probably will make it out for 12 stones, red, skillet. I have tickets for STP, but would of made it to Seether if I didn't, Maybe the Bravery on the last day and Polyphonic Spree but thats about it. The other stages are pretty much announced, but I really don't ever visit those.

boy, either I am getting too old or I am WAY out of the music loop, because I think I've heard of only 1 or 2 of those bands. Has Summerfest turned into a place for bands to get exposure instead of mainstream bands performing?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I've only heard of Giants, but I'm far from the main customer at that stage. The headliners all are big names, and I'm sure the Jonas Brothers will pack the house with 16 and unders on the final day.

I always look for the complaints of Summerfest's lineup as the first sign of Summer. Good to see the warm season has arrived.

I'm just a little curious about the likes of Willy Porter, Gomez (?) and Mickey Hart playing a stage sponsored by WJJO. I think we've discussed stage sponsorship in the past and how it doesn't mean they decide on who plays, but these are 3 acts that no one who listens to JJO would ever even contemplate going to see.

Odd selections to me, that's all.

It does seem to me that there aren't as many big names headlining the free stages as years gone by though.

I'm sure I'll still go down one day, but more than likely it will be just to do some "sightseeing".

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Summerfest just seems to be mostly the same bands year after year now a days, however

Sevendust is always good

I have always wanted to see Alkaline Trio, I recommend them highly

Cracker is also someone I never got around to seeing

311 at the Miller Lite Oasis is probably the best side stage act announced so far

Goldfinger/Less Than Jake will be a fun show

Gnarls Barkley might be worth checking out too, I am digging the new album

*edit*

Everyone should go to The Summer Soulstice Fest on the East Side June 21, 2008

It's free, lots of good food, it's fun, and LOCAL H is headlining. They do not disappoint live.

boy, either I am getting too old or I am WAY out of the music loop, because I think I've heard of only 1 or 2 of those bands. Has Summerfest turned into a place for bands to get exposure instead of mainstream bands performing?

Yes you are old, there are lots of well known bands on there.

that is actually a pretty darn good line-up from a name standpoint. i am well beyond my concert-going days, but i would go see many of those bands if that was my thing still.

okay, so we've established that I'm old. Hooray me. Now tell me why I've never heard of most of these guys. What type of music do they play? Techno? Heavy Metal? Alt? Are they local bands? Do they have CDs out? Are they in the Columbia Record Club?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Everyone do yourselves a favor and check out Rodrigo Y Gabriela. They were in a Mexican metal band, decided they didn't want to do that anymore, moved to Ireland and became acoustic Gods. Best new guitar players to come around in a long, long time. It's impossible not to like these guys, I can't stress that enough. They cover old Metalica, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd (the audience provides the vocals by the way).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPhVpIlc1vs

Also, Coheed and Cambria are freaking awesome. Easily the best rock band at a free stage. Two years ago it was Kings of Leon and Wilco, last year was Wolfmother. Really pumped for Coheed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYLHCguqmc&feature=related

Can't wait for the Harley stage on July 3rd. Finally a day at Summerfest that's actually worth going to.

Drive-By Truckers

Paul Thorn

Alejandro Escovedo

Lucinda Williams

NICE.

I may have to find a reason to be back in Milwaukee for this day... geez that's a heck of a lineup.

okay, so we've established that I'm old. Hooray me. Now tell me why I've never heard of most of these guys. What type of music do they play? Techno? Heavy Metal? Alt? Are they local bands? Do they have CDs out? Are they in the Columbia Record Club?

most of them are rock, hard rock, or alternative acts. A couple are 80's or 90's bands. Its a mix. I have heard of almost everyone, but really not inspired by most to go out and see. There are no local bands in that mix.

Any tips or tricks for landing tixs in the first three sections for Rascal Flatts, instead of dishing out $600.00??

Look for tix the day of, from Ticketmaster, the band should release ones they have reserved for fam and such, they should also open some up when they set up the stage to see whats obstructed

I got 2nd row Violent Femmes tickets the day of (way back when they played the Marcus with the Goo Goo Dolls)

I also checked for fun (already had good tickets) and could have gotten Tom Petty tickets the day of both shows with Pearl Jam

pitchleague: this is just the rock stage, mostly bands you would hear on 102.1, some who don't get any radio play I am aware of

that is a decent line up from a name standpoint, but, not what it has been in years past i think, a lot of yearly staples (which is fine) and bands a little past their mainstream prime (which is also fine)

I think Skillet is from Kenosha, someone told me that

Willy Porter is local

Alkaline Trio is from Chicago, and has a local feel

Do not, under any circumstances, miss either Gomez or Polyphonic Spree live. Both are nuggets. Just go - you'll thank me later!

The only time I've seen/heard anything by this band is when they were on an episode of Scrubs (I want to say season 3?). To me it seemed like 14 people in a cult looking extremely happy while singing. I would never make a point to go see them, but if I happen to be there that day, which I think I might be, I'll at least check them out, if anything I'm sure they're very interesting live http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Can't wait for the Harley stage on July 3rd. Finally a day at Summerfest that's actually worth going to.

Drive-By Truckers

Paul Thorn

Alejandro Escovedo

Lucinda Williams

NICE.

This is a nice lineup. DBT absolutely rocks, there is no way around it. Also, the Old 97's will be there on June 28th (not sure which stage) but they always put on a good show. More than once I've seen them convert people who've never heard of them.

You may run like Mays...

Archived