Brewer Fanatic

4/7/07 Cubs (Zambrano) @ Brewers (Sheets): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too early in the season to get worried about our offense not producing at all?

I kind of thought that they wouldn't have a good offense coming into the season. However, if you thought they were going to have a good offense, then it would be too early to worry.

My first critique of a Brewers player this year:

Elmer Dessens sucks.

There is absolutely nothing special about this guy, whatsoever. It seems like every time he's in there, they always score runs against him. You're telling me Capellan isn't better than this clown?

I'm not worried about Ben's strikeout totals. As long as that ERA stays down, the K's will come.

It's the K's that help keeps the ERA down, so that's bad news if his strike totals are some kind of new trend.

WOW, Jenkins just crushed that pitch!

Quote:
It's the K's that help keeps the ERA down, so that's bad news if his strike totals are some kind of new trend.

Historically, yes. But it's not impossible for Ben to develop a knack for being more of a contact pitcher. As long as they're not scoring, I'll be happy.

Let's go Hart!

Quote:
Impossible? No. Likely? Not even close.

I understand that, but maybe performances like opening day will be more common than the 12,13,14 K games this year. Perhaps I'm wrong, and he's just easing into the new season, but striking out 4-6, scattering a few hits and a run or two wouldn't disappoint any Brewers fan, I'd be willing to bet. Besides, getting contact outs would likely keep his pitch counts lower, as well.

New pitcher for the Cubbies now. Let's see if we can rough him up a little.

Archived