Brewer Fanatic

Blogger claiming Yost fired (5/19, Simmons will be named) - Latest: Ned still manager

gbpacker40
Well the good news is that this is a Message Board. Our primary goal is not to break the news. It is to create discussion. So it's not our responsibility if a story goes bad, it's the sportswriter who broke the story. Do we really care about the credibility of this site? We are here to talk baseball, not be CNN.

I agree with half of your comments, disagree with the other half.

I do care about the credibility of this site and message board. Just look at message boards like Red Cedar (Michigan State) that just spew hate and stupidity... it makes the casual and uniformed reader of the board get the preconception that all Michigan State fans are raving lunatics. I've been posting here for around 4-5 seasons now, and I don't want to be characterized as a raving lunatic Brewerfan.net user.

The rest of your post is completely right Rillo.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why I don't understand why TH did this. He caused the uproar. BB just trusted one of his sources and ran with it. Was the source wrong? I guess but you never know. If Bruce got burned, do you think that helps BB? Does that mean BB has beat the JS and any other media outlet for scoops on other issues? Yes they have.

Like TH, I had never heard of BB before. If it is true that they have scooped JS before, I wonder if this is what led to TH discovering this? Perhaps another reporter or editor at JS, who was aware of prior scoops, read the Yost post and passed the info to TH, telling him something like "these guys have beaten us to stories before, there might be some truth to this rumor".

It all comes down to what Andrew Johnson says there...if a manager can't get his team going, then just why the hell is he still employed.
Johnson seems to have recovered nicely from the debacle of his Presidency in the mid-1860's.

This JSOnline blog post states Melvin is heading to Nashville today. I'm guessing he'd keep his schedule open if he was about to make the biggest move of his tenure. Firing the manager on the road is a rather odd occurrence, though it does explain why Attanosio was in attendance for a east coast game.

As much as I wish this was true, I don't think today is the day.

Someone may have pointed this out in a later post, but if I remember right MA's son is attending an east coast university (Columbia in NYC maybe) so it's possible he just flew out to meet his son for the game (his son was sitting with him I noticed and I believe it was just the two of them in front of Melvin).

As much as it looked like the "perfect storm": owner, GM and manager all together, an off day on Monday, Doug heading to Nashville.... the reality is Doug and Mark simply wanted to go to Fenway to see their team play. Doug had made plans to stop in Nashville on his way back to Milwaukee before the current losing streak.

A firing may very well happen soon but it seems as if many were reading too much into things.

Wow, just read this.

Josh Alper wrote:

Tough to blame him for what Rickie Weeks and Bill Hall have done at the plate or Gagne and Turnbow on the mound but the way he handled Gallardo and Sheets was horrifying. Sending Gallardo back out to pitch after an injury? Sheets throwing 108 and 112 pitches in his two starts after missing a start due to injury? You just can't treat assets like that and I agree with Andrew, it doesn't get more pressing than that.
Pat Lackey wrote:

I'm not sure if there's a more hated manager in the league among the fans than Yost is right now.
Will Brinson wrote:

I've never so irrationally upset for a team I don't care about as I was when he mishandled Gallardo and Sheets. I can't imagine being a Brewers fan.

Verified Member
Of course anyone can say they have a source. Isn't that what TH does? Everyone that strives to breaks stories has them. I guess Deep Throat was just meaningless?

No, everyone who strives to break stories doesn't have them. The people who would have knowledge of the decision to fire Yost and the exact timing of it is quite small. The question is whether your buddy actually knows one of these people and that person provides him with inside advance information. Color me skeptical. Not sure how any of it would relate to Deep Throat.

As far as what scoops they have they have broken important local government stories such as road builder scams and just simple insight of how the state government will raid the transportation fund. Or how Jim Doyle said he would never ever ever raise taxes. Local and/or state issues sure...

Government contracting of road building being manipulated for benefit of constituencies and use by government entities of designated funds is pretty much standard operating procedure. It has gone on for generations in this country and probably in the Genghis and Kublai Khan administrations as well. Adding the words "raid" and "scam" doesn't make them so. If they aren't accurate, then it becomes disinformation. The manipulation of the semantics of raising taxes is about the most tired dead horse there is. Those aren't "scoops."

Formerly AKA Pete

I'm afraid we will muddle through the next week 4-3 or 3-4 and that will be enough to keep the status quo.

Which is sad, I just get this feeling no matter how bad it gets and how bad we the fans want Nedly gone Mark and Doug will just stand pat.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Everyone should know that Tom Hardricourt never chases rumors.

I posted about my emails back in forth with TH in the "Brewers moving ST to FL?" thread. If you didn't read that thread....he replied to my first email stating that there was no way the Brewers were moving the ST operations to FL. I wrote back stating that I was somewhat irritated that the JS would not at least ask the Brewers about something that is being reported by other sources (not blogs) such as ballparkdigest.com. His response was this?

You'll just have to be "irritated" then. I don't focus a lot of time on rumors. I have factual matters to report.
TH

O'rly Tom?? You don't focus on rumors? Hmmmmm....

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It'd be far more professional to just ignore someone when contrasted with the baiting/taunting that TH has been known to do. Iirc, he does much of the same stuff in the comments segment of the blog.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It'd be far more professional to just ignore someone when contrasted with the baiting/taunting that TH has been known to do. Iirc, he does much of the same stuff in the comments segment of the blog.

True, but you know how much I hate the fact that I have emailed Bill and Brian on numerous occasions and have never gotten any kind of reply back whatsoever? A lot and that makes me far more upset then them emailing back a dumb response.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

But what if, instead of just dumb, it was something arrogant & trite? Basically telling you to go pound sand, to borrow from FtJ. What bugs me about Haudricourt is his unfounded arrogance. He's got facts to report, like that trade of Greg Gross.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

But what if, instead of just dumb, it was something arrogant & trite? Basically telling you to go pound sand, to borrow from FtJ. What bugs me about Haudricourt is his unfounded arrogance. He's got facts to report, like that trade of Greg Gross.

Well sure I wouldn't be happy if Brian and Bill or anyone sent me back an arrogant email but at least they took the time and you get some what of a response. That's all I'm saying, just my opinion I guess.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Everyone should know that Tom Hardricourt never chases rumors.

I posted about my emails back in forth with TH in the "Brewers moving ST to FL?" thread. If you didn't read that thread....he replied to my first email stating that there was no way the Brewers were moving the ST operations to FL. I wrote back stating that I was somewhat irritated that the JS would not at least ask the Brewers about something that is being reported by other sources (not blogs) such as ballparkdigest.com. His response was this?

You'll just have to be "irritated" then. I don't focus a lot of time on rumors. I have factual matters to report.

TH

O'rly Tom?? You don't focus on rumors? Hmmmmm....

This is just fundamentally uncool (in addition to being, in retrospect, ironic). There's a way to gently tell people off (not that you deserved it).

Pat Lackey wrote:

I'm not sure if there's a more hated manager in the league among the fans than Yost is right now.
I have to think when things like this start getting put out there, Doug and Mark gotta start taking notice. To be quite honest, and I know it's probably an odd theory, but I still think yesterday was the day, but Doug changed his mind when BadgerBlogger and Haudricourt decided they wanted to beat him to the punch. Nobody tells Doug Melvin what to do! Not nobody, not no how!

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived