Brewer Fanatic

Blogger claiming Yost fired (5/19, Simmons will be named) - Latest: Ned still manager

gbpacker40

As Al Swearengen might say....

Al would swear a lot if he saw TGJ as the Brewers DH. Al would probably have fed TGJ to Woo's pigs. There is no way Kendall misses Al's squeeze sign either. Al would never bunt.

Bashing Yost has become the cool thing to do because people have convinced themselves or been tricked into thinking that firing him will be a simple fix to the teams problems. It won't be.

Gah. Enough with the strawman bull-ploppy please. Not one person here thinks what you say above.

Sadly, this situation is just what I was worried about last offseason.

I said the exact same thing on this board. I also think by not firing Yost in the off-season, the Brewers missed the opportunity to make a more thorough replacement search, and also missed the opportunity for a new manager to work with the players in ST.

Last place sucks.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"(Owner) Mark Attanasio and I sat six feet from Ned (at Fenway Park) and we saw him cheering and rooting on his palyers. He was on the top step, trying to get the guys going. When players don['t perform well, they will hang their heads at times. Ned was there to make sure that didn't happen.

"He doesn't sit back on the bench. He's a cheerleader, on the top step, showing them he's behind them."

How much does cheerleading actually have to do with a manager's duties? Couldn't that be described as a bench coach's duties? If Melvin is convinced that a manager rah-rah-ing his players is one of the position's top responsibilities, that concerns me.

Yost gets paid a million dollars to be a cheerleader with no accountabitity on the team's performance. What a great overpaying job.

If I'm a player in this team, I'd much rather have a beautiful babe as the manager. I bet she can cheer me up much better than Ned can.

At this point Yost has become a distraction, and he's got the look of a lame duck to me.
I think Melvin quietly picking up Yost's 2009 option right after last season's debacle was a really bad move on his part. Now it cost the Brewers $1.1M to buyout Ned for next year.

At this point Yost has become a distraction, and he's got the look of a lame duck to me.
I think Melvin quietly picking up Yost's 2009 option right after last season's debacle was a really bad move on his part. Now it cost the Brewers $1.1M to buyout Ned for next year.

Why doesn't everyone here who wants him gone take up a collection? By my reckoning, the money should be raised by Friday...

Why doesn't everyone here who wants him gone take up a collection? By my reckoning, the money should be raised by Friday...

Seems about right, since all but roughly 4 people here would like to see him gone. However... as bad as this team needs to flush the manager, I sure in heck am not willing to pay for it. I use all my extra brewer spending cash on parking and sausage.

I am sorry i know it not Ned fault that 3 of his starteres are batting 200 or below.

His closer has blown 6 saves,and his startes can"t go 6 innings.

His team defense is horrible,but since you can't fire all 25 men it ned that will be let go

Yost gets paid a million dollars to be a cheerleader with no accountabitity on the team's performance. What a great overpaying job.

Hmmmm....

Next week at this time...

Seriesfinale (clapping on the steps of the dugout): "Alright guys, up and at 'em...let's some grit, and some battling out there.....c'mon, gritty battlers!"

By the way, would this person:

Ryan Says:

All you people who are visiting badgerblogger for the first time and are slinging mud are over-emotional, ignorant sheep.

If you actually took time to look at the history of this blog and not just lap up every bumbling condemnation from Tom H(who is obviously clueless about local political blogs) you would see that it is highly visited and has a very loyal base.

I would say it is the brewerfan.net (which I'm a member of) of conservative southeastern Wisconsin blogs. That is how dedicated the guys are who run this site. They are correct more often than not and only periodically delve into sports topics.

While this doesn't seem like that big of a "scoop" to me even if it does turn out right since everyone assumes Ned will be fired soon, they actually have been correct on "scoops" that have a bigger effect on your lives (if you're from around here) than anything sports related ever will.

Show themselves rather than call people "sheep" from home territory?

Verified Member

I visited badgerblogger. I left a response that included no profanity. I didn't defend Tom H. either. But somehow my comment wasn't posted and now I can't post.

What I saw there was generic propaganda without much thought.

Formerly AKA Pete

LOL. It wasn't me since my name isn't Ryan but I knew the political angle would come into it sooner or later. Propaganda? Don't read it. This is why I don't understand why TH did this. He caused the uproar. BB just trusted one of his sources and ran with it. Was the source wrong? I guess but you never know. If Bruce got burned, do you think that helps BB? Does that mean BB has beat the JS and any other media outlet for scoops on other issues? Yes they have.

BTW...did no one take any time to read..While BadgerBlogger can not independently confirm this,...

Bruce did not say this was fact. Just means he really trusted his source.

Verified Member

Actually, I said generic propaganda.

I wouldn't be surprised if there never was anything to the story. Calling someone a source is meaningless. Is the guy a friend of yours?

And what are these hot scoops?

Formerly AKA Pete

Actually, I said generic propaganda.

I wouldn't be surprised if there never was anything to the story. Calling someone a source is meaningless. Is the guy a friend of yours?

And what are these hot scoops?

Of course anyone can say they have a source. Isn't that what TH does? Everyone that strives to breaks stories has them. I guess Deep Throat was just meaningless? As far as what scoops they have they have broken important local government stories such as road builder scams and just simple insight of how the state government will raid the transportation fund. Or how Jim Doyle said he would never ever ever raise taxes. Local and/or state issues sure...

TWR? Bloggers never break stories?

TWR? Bloggers never break stories?
They do, but for every one story they break, there's 100 stories like this one... garbage.

Actually there was just one in this case. And if I am seeing the situation correctly he is catching a lot of heat for it. Why the hell did TH even link to this blog post if he thought it was a bunch of garbage. Why not ignore it...but wait he said he didn't even know what BB was. Why even mention a blog he has never heard of? Why give credibility to a clearly insignificant medium? For a talented and connected scribe to even comment on ridiculous blog posts when he in fact has his own blog....

Brewerfan.net staff members (normally Brian or Jim) have broken several stories that I can think of over the years. There's only one that I remember coming back to slap them in the face. Too bad the thread didn't get stashed in WOAH SOLVVD. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

When this was first posted in Tom's blog this morning, I was fine with it. I felt he made it abundantly clear that there might not be any credibility at all to the post. This certainly wouldn't have been suitable to the article portion of JSOnline, but blogs are a bit different.

Now that I've seen the reaction, I wouldn't suggest that Tom go this route again. As it would have been a safer venue, a better decision would have been to post a link to the rumor at SportsBubbler.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I felt he made it abundantly clear that there might not be any credibility at all to the post.
Yes, and that's when I stopped reading the article and immediately went back to working because that set off a huge alarm in my head. It's always great to be the first one to break a story, but you can look like a fool if you aren't right. Good call by Tom to put that disclaimer in there.

I knew the political angle would come into it sooner or later.

I don't care about the politics of the website. I don't particularly care for Al's politics, for example, but I read him every day, mostly because he doesn't throw unsubstantiated rumors against the wall and try to pass them off as any glimmer of fact.

I just mostly thought it was ridiculous that a poster from here would go there to call those of us here "sheep" who questioned the credibility of a blog who many of us had never even heard of before today (conservative politics in SE Wisconsin is a bit of niche) that posts something like that without any evidence or named sources whatsoever.

It's a changing world, and blogs do often break as many stories as the "mainstream media" these days...that doesn't mean I won't question a report that has absolutely no backing, especially from an unfamiliar outlet. There's nothing sheepish about that; if anything, it shows an inquisitive mind.

Well the good news is that this is a Message Board. Our primary goal is not to break the news. It is to create discussion. So it's not our responsibility if a story goes bad, it's the sportswriter who broke the story. Do we really care about the credibility of this site? We are here to talk baseball, not be CNN.

Do we really care about the credibility of this site?

To a point i do. I mean, if i read something on here about a trade(outside of the rumors area of course) i pretty much take it as truth. I think the guys who run this site pride themselves on being pretty accurate about this stuff.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

If I could, I would make Doug Melvin pay a large chuck of Ned's 09 buyout for his boneheaded move. There was absolutely no hurry or need to pick up Ned's 09 option that quickly, he was basically sticking it to the fans by doing that. He should've have waited, and now he deserves to get his salary deducted for his mistake.

What has become apparent after today's non-announcement is that those that really really want Yost gone will clutch at anything that even hints at it happening, no matter how much truth (or otherwise) emerges.

I tried wishful thinking and my Aston Martin never showed up, so I wouldn't hold much stock in it as a means of getting what you want!

Do we really care about the credibility of this site?
Speaking for staff, mods, and long-term members, yes, we do. We become very concerned when it's possible that Brewerfan can be cited as the source of an unfounded rumor.

If a thread reaches the point where the unfounded information can cause someone harm, it'll be removed or locked. If a member trolls by intentionally posting false information, he'll be banned immediately. There's a thread like that in WOAH SOLVDD.

Sometimes, even discussion of information coming from someone else can cause trouble. Many will remember when a local radio station pinned a trade rumor on us when it actually came from a blog that was linked to within the thread in the Transaction Rumors Forum. That was similar to what Tom posted today. He covered his butt, but that wasn't good enough for some people, and it caused a bunch of fuss.

If I could, I would make Doug Melvin pay a large chuck of Ned's 09 buyout for his boneheaded move. There was absolutely no hurry or need to pick up Ned's 09 option that quickly...
A lame duck manager isn't any good, either. It takes away leverage that he should have with his players. Paying out a year and a half of salary if the manager has to be fired is a small price to pay to help give the guy a fighting chance to succeed.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This place is almost getting too serious for me. I feel like i should start disclaiming and cya'ing everything i post. Its bad enough to have it be part of a career, now the me time? Such is life in today's world i guess.

I would not give TH high journalistic marks. He works for the JS after all. From the interviews i've heard, his questions during the post game are routinely below average for a beat writer.

Aston Martin, now I get it. My mortgage hasn't shown up either.

Maybe 3 losses in PIT will do the trick. I'll try back on Thursday.

Archived