Brewer Fanatic

Blogger claiming Yost fired (5/19, Simmons will be named) - Latest: Ned still manager

gbpacker40
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Kirk Herbsteet still reporting, through his sources close to the situation, that Les Miles is going to Michigan?! Man we know how that one turned out http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Verified Member
The blog is now backtracking before the day is over. His senses tell him that something big is going to happen soon. That puts it right up there with predictions for the apocalypse. I'll go on the record right here and say that something apocalyptic will happen someday.
Formerly AKA Pete

I don't know why I tried.

You guys have your minds made up about TH and, to a certain extent, journalism in general. And it's apparent that's not going to change no matter what I say or how wrong you are.

I will say it sucks, though, and isn't easy for me to read.

Carry on.

Didn't the Boston globe just issue an apology for one of their stories written by a reporter with supposed journalistic integrity who used an unnamed source that turned out to be not so credible? didn't the Globe then admit it should have vetted the story better before they allowed it to run? If we didn't see examples that are contrary to your claim of a certain amount of integrity inherent to journalists and lacking in bloggers it would be easier to believe in said journalistic integrity.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

This day will be beyond disappointing if Yost isnt fired. Kremblas is really the only suitable replacement. Dale is dumb as rocks and Simmons looks like he has been sedated all year long. If Melvin cant see that the season is finished with Ned as manager its time for him to be replaced as well.

The blog is now backtracking before the day is over. His senses tell him that something big is going to happen soon. That puts it right up there with predictions for the apocalypse. I'll go on the record right here and say that something apocalyptic will happen someday.

Well the world is ending soon... LHC will be activated sometime this summer, we're all gunna die.

'And I never expected for Yost to be fired. The team is just too loyal to him.

Those rare isolated incidents - unfortunately at huge entities like the Globe and NY Times - have stained the industry and shed a bad light on the other 99% of journalists in this country who are both excellent and ethical.

Don't think those incidents don't ... well, I can't finish that sentence without getting hit by the potty mouth police here. Suffice to say, I'm not happy about them.

As for Herbstreit, that people continue to count ESPN as a member of the journalism community continues to frustrate the daylights out of me as well. Outside of a select few who are actually reporters, the personalities on ESPN are there for entertainment purposes only. They're not journalists, and they'll tell you so themselves.

During the course of my daily reading of Mayan texts I noticed a prophecy that indicated something big was to occur upon the first full moon of May 2008. I can only assume this to mean Yost will be fired. My sources are credible, they are Mayan, and dead.

fair enough wisportswriter. I can understand how a few bad apples can get through. I certainly don't question every reporter or news source. But it's also easy to see why some more pessimistic types do since those instances do happen.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I stepped out for an hour or so, and I was hoping this would all be over when I got back. Nope...

I've been refreshing bf.net all day, waiting for the news:

http://www.rikksrevues.com/Photo2Mayfield.jpg

"Neddie's Dead..."

I get the feeling this is gonna be like waiting around all day for that Rolen deal to go down though...an ultimately fruitless endeavour.

A new blog from TH. It's a pretty funny one too. It's about Braun's comments and of course today's circus....

Link

Edit: some excerpts....Some one could make an awesome photo-shop'd picture with that 2nd quote

Shame on Badger Blogger -- and you can bet I'll never cite anything from that "source" again -- and shame on me for giving them their 15 minutes of fame.
"He doesn't sit back on the bench. He's a cheerleader, on the top step, showing them he's behind them."

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

It's kind of funny that Melvin doesn't come out and say "Ned's safe." He just said he wouldn't comment on what someone writes on their blog....interesting

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

"(Owner) Mark Attanasio and I sat six feet from Ned (at Fenway Park) and we saw him cheering and rooting on his palyers. He was on the top step, trying to get the guys going. When players don['t perform well, they will hang their heads at times. Ned was there to make sure that didn't happen.

"He doesn't sit back on the bench. He's a cheerleader, on the top step, showing them he's behind them."

How much does cheerleading actually have to do with a manager's duties? Couldn't that be described as a bench coach's duties? If Melvin is convinced that a manager rah-rah-ing his players is one of the position's top responsibilities, that concerns me.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yeah, now that you mention it, today is really starting to feel like the day we supposedly "traded for Adam Dunn".

Man, that was a great day. "My friend saw Turnbow and Wise run into the dugout. This means we traded for Dunn."

"I have too much respect for newspapers and news stations for them to respond to a blog for their news," said Melvin. "When they do so, they lose their credibility. I refuse to respond to blogs because anybody can put anything out there."
Melvin said this to TH on the phone. That had to be the most uncomfortable phone call ever.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived