Brewer Fanatic

Blogger claiming Yost fired (5/19, Simmons will be named) - Latest: Ned still manager

gbpacker40
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Normally Haudricourt doesn't even acknowledge that bolgs even exist. Now he posts about some rondom blog from a guy he doesn't know? Sounds fishy to me. Cripes Tom refuses to blog about random trade rumors unless he has talked to Doug frist, why the heck would he even mention this if he didn't think it might be a possibility. I wouldn't mind Krembas, but I think we need a non-players coach out there. But I don't really know Kremblas' style at all. Preferably I would like someone who can manage a bullpen and isn't afrid to rip into his players or just bench them if they aren't performing or aren't giving 100% effort.

So a blogger no one has ever heard of reports this and there is no source identified? Yeah, I really doubt this one has any legs, as much as some here might be hoping.

The thing I don't get is why TH would even post this if he himself didn't know SOMETHING. If I was a writer for a large newspaper I wouldnt post random blogs like this for the simple fact it diminishes his credibility.

You would think that TH would maybe give a call to DM to check and see what the truth is before posting this information. Isn't that good journalism? Check your facts and sources before going with a story? I think there's going to be some seriously angry people if they get their hopes up thinking that Ned is gone, and he ends up still being the manager at the end of the day.

If Melvin is off to Nashville, maybe we're going to DFA Yost and bring up Kremblas to spot him.

Looks like TH updated the blog;

That's a lot of bad stuff, for sure. But, as I said, the club source told me he knew of no changes to change managers today. It could be a totally irresponsible posting by "Badger Blogger," which as I've stated many times is a real danger of the Internet. I wouldn't have given it any credence at all except for the comments by Braun, which were very controversial and the kind of thing that can take a manager down.

The sheen has really worn off Mike Maddux, hasn't it?

I'd like to see the Just For Men wear off his ridiculous, embarassing, black beard http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

I hope it is true that Yost is getting canned. But I hope it is not Simmons taking over but Kremblas. I know in the post TH says that Sveum is more of a candidate then Simmons. But I still think Kremblas is the #1 candidate, at least I hope. I guess I don' mind if its Frank, Ted or Dale as long as Ned is gone.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I like how TH says it could be a "totally irresponsible posting" by BadgerBlogger, when he went and really spread the story. I'd say TH was much more irresponsible. But that's exactly what people were speculating he was doing, in trying to cover himself if it was false.

Ryan Braun said after a three-game sweep in Boston that he didn't sense the team expected to win.

He may be the one guy on the team who feels safe speaking the truth, thanks to the 7/8 year deal he just signed.

Weird ... Seems like he would have done some pretty big damage to his relationship with Yost by doing this.

I wouldn't shut the door on a Yost firing, but it seems like this would reduce the odds a bit.

But Yost says he never reads the paper or listens to sports talk radio.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

- In a somewhat unusual move, Ned Yost reported that the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is close to firing long-time Brewers reporter Tom Haudricourt. Yost characterized the firing as "imminent," but wouldn't reveal his source, citing "persons close to the paper."

When asked how the move may affect him, Yost responded that he was too busy drinking coffee to read the news and/or manage a baseball team.

John Briggs 12 is expected to step in to replace Haudricourt.

If Melvin is off to Nashville, maybe we're going to DFA Yost and bring up Kremblas to spot him.

Looks like TH updated the blog;

That's a lot of bad stuff, for sure. But, as I said, the club source told me he knew of no changes to change managers today. It could be a totally irresponsible posting by "Badger Blogger," which as I've stated many times is a real danger of the Internet. I wouldn't have given it any credence at all except for the comments by Braun, which were very controversial and the kind of thing that can take a manager down.

Yeah ok dude (TH, not you). If it could have been "totally irresponsible" like you say, why did you even post it in the first place?

Archived