Brewer Fanatic

Blogger claiming Yost fired (5/19, Simmons will be named) - Latest: Ned still manager

gbpacker40
Blogger claims Yost to be fired

By Tom Haudricourt

Monday, May 19 2008, 04:57 AM

Boston - Somebody named the "Badger Blogger," who I am told does mainly political postings (I must admit I'm not familiar with the site) posted a blog late Sunday night claiming manager Ned Yost will be relieved of his duties on the team's off day in Pittsburgh today.

The blog said it could not "independently confirm" the information but said sources close to the Brewers' organization said Yost would be fired today and replaced by bench coach Ted Simmons.

Well, first off, I have no idea how much credibility this blogger would have regarding the Brewers. It's easy to say "sources close to the Brewers' organization" said it would happen, but are those sources credible?

So, I have no idea if there's any legitimacy whatsoever to "Badger Blogger's" post about Yost. A lot of stuff gets tossed onto the Internet with no validity whatsoever.

I know this may be jumping ahead to post a "blogger", but hell if the JSONLINE can do it, why can't we? Interesting either way.

Link to the Jsonline portion

Link to the Badgerblogger

(edit: JS link must have changed; it's fixed now --1992)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im trying to read some of his other blogs to see what this guys credibility is like. I couldn't find anything either way, but he did post another blog before that pretty much ripping Yost, so take it with a grain of salt like usual when it comes to speculation.

This JSOnline blog post states Melvin is heading to Nashville today. I'm guessing he'd keep his schedule open if he was about to make the biggest move of his tenure. Firing the manager on the road is a rather odd occurrence, though it does explain why Attanosio was in attendance for a east coast game.

As much as I wish this was true, I don't think today is the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I can only hope.

There comes a point in time where you can't just post a picture on your blog of a guy with his head up his posterior. It stops having an impact.

Not that I would know or anything. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I have more doubts than hopes about this blogger as well but I was messing around and found this neat little tidbit that may brighten up someones day.

Buck Rodgers - 23 wins - 24 losses - .489 Win % Fired

Harvey Kuenn - 72 wins - 43 losses - .626 Win % Promoted

Year 1982

This JSOnline blog post states Melvin is heading to Nashville today. I'm guessing he'd keep his schedule open if he was about to make the biggest move of his tenure. Firing the manager on the road is a rather odd occurrence, though it does explain why Attanosio was in attendance for a east coast game.

Firing on the manager on the road is somewhat odd, but firing him on an off-day is something that teams generally prefer to do.

I sort of have a feeling that this will go down, but honestly, if it doesn't, don't be surprised as well. Having Braun come out and talk about not feeling like they had a chance might have been the final nail in the coffin, tho.

I was thinking about Simmons and his relationship with Yost and maybe he isn't the guy who will takeover, but instead it will be Kremblas. The Branyan cover could easily be just that, a cover. Not like DM has ever said one thing and something completely different happened.

I have to think Haudricourt has some inside information on this one.

He wouldn't just post a random blogger without suspecting that the move was forth coming. Haudricourt is just deflecting the shot if this doesn't happen.

I am surprised Simmons is even willing to take the job. I thought him and Yost were pretty close.

I am surprised Simmons is even willing to take the job.

Be careful with the word "is." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'd guess simmons knows baseball and all, but isn't this the first coaching stint he's had ever, or at least in a long while? I thought he was a front office guy before this. I'd prefer an experienced guy, and one who is more hard-nosed.

I'm thinking this may be true for several reasons:

1. DM is in Nashville to "look" at guys (*cough* offer job to Kremblas/gaze longingly at Branyan).

2. Even though it is a post in JS blog, they must have some info they haven't confirmed yet and running the story under the cover of an outside blog is a good way to test the waters.

3. Mark A. is in the area.

4. We have an off day.

5. We're about to play 16 games in a row.

This is more from the conspiracy theory department, but I'd guess if they were going to fire Yost today they made the decision last night, so Melvin really wouldn't need to be around today. Plus considering how vocal Yost was about not wanting to call anyone up for the interleague series, if Yost is gone then maybe he was the one holding up the proceedings as far as calling up Branyan or someone else who could help the big league bench, which would make sense with Doug venturing to Nashville today.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I hope Yost gets canned today but Simmons is the wrong guy to take over. He looks as lost in the dugout as Yost and appears as if he would rather take a nap than watch the game. Its about time we cut ties with all ex Brewers. We should beg Davey Johnson to take the job and if he says no go to Kremblas who the young players supposedly love. Let Kremblas have the job before Simmons so he can clean house with an all new staff. There is no reason to keep clueless Dale on this staff.

I think the main reason I posted this is because I was thinking the same as some previous posters mentioned. Why would TH post this unless he has some info and wants to deflect the story elsewere if things change (Kremblas instead of Simmons or changing of minds)?

...Simmons is the wrong guy to take over. He looks as lost in the dugout as Yost and appears as if he would rather take a nap than watch the game.

Ted always looks that way. Back in the '80s, when we knew some Brewers were implicated in the drug scandal but didn't know names, people I talked to were certain that Ted would be one of those guys... simply because of how he looked.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Hockey fans may remember the success Bruce Boudreau had after jumping from the Washington Capitals' AHL team in Hershey to the big club. The Caps were 6-14-1 when Boudreau took over, and he led them to a division title and a playoff spot.

Part of the success came from his familiarity with the young stars on the Capitals team, as many of them played for him in Hershey.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

From a blogger on the JS site:
I can confirm this terrific news, I know the Badgers blogger personally. He's very good with getting accurate information from his source within the organization. I would look for this to hit the news this afternoon. Cauleys

First, this guy ("Cauley's") is a commenter on Haudricourt's blog - he's not a "blogger." Second, he's being sarcastic and mocking another frequent commenter ("Cauleys") who often thinks he has inside info. All of his posts are like this.

(clarified where quote came from --1992)

It's feels to me that it's going to happen. Just a feeling on my part. Though this is long overdue (he should have been fired after last year), the actual occurence always comes as a shock to the system. Who knows about Simmons? He wasn't running the team. Personally among ex-Brewers, I think Don Money has better credentials. He's managed a long time successfully and he knows most of the players on this team well. He's also not as closely linked with Yost.

Let's hope Maddux and Skaalen are gone too.

Archived