Brewer Fanatic

Question for season ticket holders

I'd expect to. Finishing under .500 certainly hasn't stopped us before.

Edit: In fact, a sub-.500 finish may deter enough other fans so that those who do renew may get better seats next year.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ah the good old days of 13K in the stands on a Friday night game. I can't wait for all the extra breathing room again, not to mention the smaller lines at concessions and bathrooms. And parking galore... can't wait until 2009!!!

I'm planning on renewing, but I might not go for the full season. This has nothing to do with the team's performance, just my ability to get to games, and the fact that at some point I may need to let something (or someone?) be more important to me than the Brewers.

Like lcbj said, I'm there to watch the players. Especially Braun!

I am seriously reconsidering my season tickets, which I have had in some form since 1993, with full season packages since 1996. It's simple really...the losing is getting to me. I will never stop being a Brewers fan and I don't consider myself a "bandwagon" fan in terms of team support, but I'm personally going to have a hard time spending tens of thousands of dollars more in season tickets until this is actually a winning organization. I do believe the owner is committed to that end, but I'm at the point where I want to see results, not promises and potential. How the remainder of this season plays out will be very important in my decision.

Seeing as I'm a season ticket holder newbie, yes I'll be renewing my tickets for next year. But maybe downgrading my tickets and walking down to better seats as obviously they'll be available. And perhaps getting rid of my extra ticket, might be a hard sell if things continue the way they are.

I've always wanted season tickets, and now that I can afford them I don't live in Wisconsin anymore! Drat! My plans have always been to get them as soon as I'm near enough to use them, so the previous season's record won't matter.
You may run like Mays...

I was contemplating not getting them next year but for reasons other than the play on the field.

I hope I still can, where the team finishes this year will not factor into my decision.

In 2006 there were 91 season ticket holders who had been there from the beginning. There have been so many down years there is no way an off year would take that number down to 90. Baseball is too great of a game, to have young players who don't know how to move runners along any way it takes, to spoil it for us.

We've been season ticket holders since 93' if that answers your question.

The only reason I would not renew is because my son is getting older and getting involved in so many different activites. We don't have as much free time as we use to.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

People who don't renew or who switch to less games aren't "jumping off the bandwagon". Everyone has a certain amount of cash to spend on recreational fun. We have a very limited amount of nice weather around here and I can't blame anyone for taking some of their Brewer cash and spending it somewhere else. It doesn't make them any less of a Brewer fan.

I live in Chicago and bought a 9 game pack to get opening day and playoff tickets. If the rest of the year goes as the first 2 months did, I probably won't do it again. It's just too hard to make the trip up on 9 weekends for a team that is as frustrating as this one. Now, if I lived in Milwaukee, i'd probably have a 20 game pack, but it's tough to commit to that many games living out of town.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Simple supply and demand. A team out of contention in August & July = cheap tickets. Other than last season this has been an annual event for this franchise for many years.

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I threw tickets away in September and even late August, with the exception of 2001 and last year. I couldn't get clients, family or friends to take them. It's like throwing $120 in the trash can.

Archived