Brewer Fanatic

4/8/07 Cubs (Miller) @ Brewers (Capuano) as if it mattered

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Freakin Counsell with a single, double and triple... a HR short of a Moeller-Cycle. I mean, he was hitting below the Moeller line coming into the game.

You gotta love the way that game ended. I was gripping big time when the Cubs got to within two runs.

Back to 500, boys

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Quote:
Craig Freakin Counsell with a single, double and triple... a HR short of a Moeller-Cycle. I mean, he was hitting below the Moeller line coming into the game.

LOL...I like it...I say an average of .100 should hereby be known as the "Moeller line".

It was interesting hearing about the support Counsell got in Arizona and to see how many people look down on him in his hometown. Why not support a local guy with marginal talent who plays the game hard and has people from his previous teams love the way he plays? Eckstein is adored in St Louis, hopefully Brewer fans can appreciate Craig's efforts at the end of a nice career most people never thought he would have achieved.

I don't have a problem with Craig, I have a problem giving $3 million a year to a guy who is undoubtedly a bench player at this point in his career. If we were absolutely desperate, I can see it, but we could have kept Cirillo for much cheaper, who I feel is still the better player.

Archived