Brewer Fanatic

4/8/07 Cubs (Miller) @ Brewers (Capuano) as if it mattered

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With lukevan stepping up and the reverse jinx in effect I virtually guarantee a victory. There is only one more thing needed to assure total domination today.

The Power of the Peeps!

It appears as if nobody in the Brewer organization is taking a two game loss to the Cubs lightly. The team has pulled no punches and called in a majestic power from an outside source. Brewerfan chopper obtained this footage of a private parking lot outside Miller Park today.

http://www.millikin.edu/staley/peeps/trip2.jpg

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Miller would look more badass if his background was that fake wood paneling that every basement built in the 60's and 70's had.(and that)

Ya know what would be even better? Use that paneling in Miller Park as the Home Run walls. Maybe hang a few Black Sabbath posters up with scotch tape and add a dart board. That'd be sweet.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I dont think Counsell is terrible in the 2 spot against RHP.

Also, JJ has been hitting the ball harder than anyone on the team.

But, we are 5 game sinto the season and our bench is Mench, Hall, Estrada, Hart, and Graffanino. No need to rest everybody.

Estrada is 4 for 6 career against Miller? Maybe Damian should've played yesterday.

This might be the worst lineup I've ever seen, considering the options he has available. Why does Yost freak out on "getaway" days? Gross hasn't started... so it's nice to see him in there. But Gwynn? He's the 25th guy on the team for a reason, and that's not to start. Put Gross in center and Hart or Mench in right.

I'm liking Hardy's start to the season, but a three-hole hitter? Ok... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

And for the love of Branyan, Counsell starting at third again?? This lineup is literally half backups.

Power of the peeps and the reverse jinx... brewerjamie15 is pulling out all the stops to prevent a Cubs @#%$. Thank you, brewerjamie

Now lets rain on their parade in a serious way

http://thumbs.ebay.com/pict/220100487344.jpg

[Edit: @#%$ was "s w e e p". Cubs s w e e p must be really a bad word.]

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

In the words of coaching great Isiah Thomas, "It's crazy enough, it just might work."

I think most of the reason people are panicking is that we are not just losing, but we are losing to the Cubs. If this was San Diego or Arizona i'm not sure there would be the same reaction.

That said, i don't know how anyone would expect to win with the lineup Ned put out there today.

Quote:
That said, i don't know how anyone would expect to win with the lineup Ned put out there today.

http://media.bestprices.com/dvd/cov150/drt100/t152/t15274pslu8.jpg

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

[ it might have been a joke, but it wasn't funny ]

So why was I laughing?

[ ....it was old the first time he wrote a post like that. ]

Guess not.

Weird that the guy who rarely understands sarcasm (Brewers77) and the guy who's had a bunch of run-ins with "tha law" (BCU) would put up such a stink. What wonders never cease.

Exactly. It's Ned's own reverse psychology attempt. Of course, that lineup may only look successful in his mind.

At the risk of placing myself on the wrong side of the ledger, I appreciate today's attempts at levity. Losses to the cubs sting more, and the extra laugh helped me today.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived