Brewer Fanatic

5/17/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Red Sox (Matsuzaka): 2:55 PM CDT -- Let's Try This Again!

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I picture is Melvin and every radio talk show host saying how great Suppan being signed was because he was a winner who knows how to pitch in the big games and blah blah blah.

He's mediocre against an average team. He's below average against a good team like Boston. That simple.

Ortiz's HR is a mid-warning track flyout in Milwaukee, and we have short alleys.

It's the same for both teams, but that wasn't crushed.

Soup has to eat 6 in this game.

BTW, they're moving this one right along (not waiting to get out of commercial) becasue they have to clear and re-fill the stadium between games and if this one goes 3:30 plus, it's going to be tight.

Verified Member

We've had the leadoff hitter on in all 3 innings so far. Nothing to show for it.

And maybe McCarver is repeating himself too much, but can you blame him? That bunt was really stupid. Isn't the reason Hart is batting 5th is so he can drive in some runs?

Look, I know he's not that great and he's probably overpaid, but I'm just wondering if anyone was calling Suppan garbage and saying they "hate" him on April 2, April 8, April 19, April 24, May 6, or May 11.

Let's see...

Suppan got the squeeze in the first. Ball three to Ortiz should have been strike three, one pitch before he hit a three-run home run. Cameron didn't come close to going around.

Not a good start for us in this series.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

We've had the leadoff hitter on in all 3 innings so far. Nothing to show for it.

And maybe McCarver is repeating himself too much, but can you blame him? That bunt was really stupid. Isn't the reason Hart is batting 5th is so he can drive in some runs?

Yes, but if he can catch the Sox off-guard and bunt for a hit, why not give it a shot? In my opinion, considering how crappy our hitters are doing (I know Hart is batting .300), we don't do stuff like that enough. If Hart lays a decent bunt down, he's safe easily.

That's better by Soup.

Interesting that on TV they were saying that Francona was working under the assumption in terms of pacing players and the like that the night cap would start nowhere near 8:35 EDT. Wonder what their "gap" time is.

Man this is my first IGT of the year, has it been this doom and gloom all season after just ONE run?

You'd certainly think so, given some of the posts so far today.

Garbage? Game over? Nothing to enjoy after one hour? And I thought the FOX announcers' attitude on the Brewers (motto: FOX loves SOX) was bad.

I acknowledge that the short-term outlook is not promising for this game, but if all you're going to do is run down the Brewers and assume things are hopeless, why hang out here?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Look, I know he's not that great and he's probably overpaid, but I'm just wondering if anyone was calling Suppan garbage and saying they "hate" him on April 2, April 8, April 19, April 24, May 6, or May 11.

I agree. He has had two (and now more than likely 3) terrible starts. To go along 5 really good starts and one average start. Is he worth his contract..no, but he is not terrible or garbage as some have claimed

Archived