Brewer Fanatic

4/9/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Marlins (Sanchez): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You gotta be bleeping kidding me. 2 on and nobody out -- we couldn't do any better at losing games if we were trying. Suppan has the best at bat after getting ducks on while Graffy and Weeks pop up in the infield. Reminds me of the last Suppan start -- wonder what he thinks of his run support as a Brewer. Maybe Sheets shoulda warned him.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

That Graffanino out was atrocious. Really, really, really derailed the inning. Suppan got the job done in moving the runners, though. I'm not impressed thus far with Graffy. He was a bright spot in 2006 only because we had no solid options left for the INF, and ABs like that will kill our lineup in 2007. As the 8 guy, you HAVE to get the runnners over or in in that situation. grrrrrr.....

That said, Rickie managed to match Graffy's weak popup

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This offense needs to figure out how to get the simple things done, and soon. Our pitching has lived up to its billing thusfar, and the D has been better than many expected. Meanwhile, as already pointed out, the BA w/RISP simply can't be this bad if we want to win

What about Gwynn makes him a real lead-off hitter?

Did you see the bunt for a base hit yesterday? Also watching him when he was at Beliot he has made incredible strides in 2 years and I believe he is only going to get better. Plus we don't have a leadoff hitter right now. Weeks would be much better in the 2 or 3 hole.

Quote:
Is the Hall experiement over yet?

Not even close. Don't worry, this is a rebuilding year, we can afford to play guys out of position and let them learn on the job. It isnt like losing this game is going to cost us a playoff spot.

Did you see the bunt for a base hit yesterday?

One bunt for a base hit and your opinion that he's only going to keep getting better does not necessarily mean that he's ready or should be starting CF and leadoff hitter for a team that has playoff chances this year.

Our pitching has lived up to its billing thusfar, and the D has been better than many expected.

I wouldn't say that. Either way it's too early to say anything either way about the team. They have played 6.5 games so far.

That said, of course all we will hear again is that they aren't clutch and they suck with RISP blah, blah, blah.

Where are the people that thought Hall'd transition seamlessly? CF is an incredibly tough position, and I think it's gonna be near the AS break, if not longer, before we see these kinds of plays taper off from Bill.

Archived