Brewer Fanatic

Are you a fan of interleague?

Well, except for the abomination of the DH it's okay. I didn't like it when they played the western division teams, simply because it meant more really late games.

I think they should drop this silly idea that interleague play must occur at only certain times. This is one thing that prevents having 15 teams in each league and 5 teams in each division. It is kind of bizarre and unfair that the Brewers have to compete in a division of 6 and a league of 16, while others get a division of 4 and a league of 14. The abomination that is the DH is another factor that prevented a full realignment of leagues and divisions.

Assuming all have equal odds the Brewers have a 1/6 chance of winning the division and a 1/13 chance at wild card...so that is a 24% chance at post season. An AL west team has 1/4 shot at division and 1/11 at wild card, so that is a 34% chance...a 40% better chance than the Brewer's have.

The distinction between the AL and NL has worn off over the years. Now I just see it as "MLB". Look at how the draft, waiver wire, etc. is now structured. This isn't like the old NBA vs. ABA.

I enjoy seeing teams that otherwise wouldn't come to town, a respite from the same-old same-old. I try to make it to one game from each series.

Side note: I'm still waiting for Selig to install the "major restructuring" of the divisions as he promised when the Brewers first went to the NL.

I think moving the Braves out of the West & adding the Brewers to the Central might have been the extent of Bud's 'major' plans. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yes? No? Why not? Discuss

What do you think?

At first I was not a big fan of it. I loved that the WS is the 1st time a AL team would play a NL team, however im starting to like it more and more every year. Playing the Reds,Pirates and Astros extra times would only make me get less turned off to watch a game (even tho I would still watch it.)

I also HATE THE DH. Its not baseball. It takes the thinking out of the game. Less bunts, less pitching. Its just dumb.

Not really a big fan of it, except for the chance to get to see the Brewers play in person once a year in Minnesota. I think using the rules of the away team's league would be interesting because it would give people a chance to see what the other league's style of ball looks like. (Also, I'm seeing Arizona play here and I'll be deprived of getting to see Micah Owings hit--unless they DH him, XD)

I am soley agains it. I understand why they do it. It lets all teams see eachother over the course of a three years and it generates a lot of money. One thing I really don't like about it is the Cardinals get to play the Royals every year. I think the real reason I don't like it is because I like the seperation of the leagues. I like how one has a DH and one doesn't and everyone is pissed off about it. I also like how baseball parks are all built a little different. Having interleague play has taken away from the uniqueness of the World Series.

Overall I like interleague play. I like playing some of the AL teams and I like to see us use the DH onced in a while. I also like the fact that you only play a few interleague games per year, making these series like the one against Boston even more "special." The one problem with that, though, is that obviously there will be a little imbalance between different teams schedules.

I would also maybe like to see using the DH for interleague play in the NL parks and the pitcher hitting in AL parks. The only problem I see with that is that it could potentially take the home-field advantage away from the home team. So I definitely would not want to see it in the WS, but during the season it wouldn't bother me.

I'm not a huge fan though I enjoy watching the Brewers player in AL parks since I don't have to watch pitchers pretend they can hit. Can't wait until the NL gets the DH.

Can't wait until the DH is eliminated

Archived