Brewer Fanatic

Is Brandon Webb the best pitcher in baseball?

I enjoy watching him. I think he is definitely in the top two if not number one. I still think Johan Santana is great too.

Santana didn't pitch a full season as a starter until his age 25 season. He's racking up wins fast since then, averaging 17.5 in his 4 full seasons as a starter. Cy Young will probably come down to Webb, Peavy, and Santana. Webb is the only one who doesn't enjoy a pitcher friendly home field.

unless the Padres turn things around, Peavy will have no chance to win the Cy Young this year (see 2004 Ben Sheets for more information)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yes, Webb is nasty now that he's not strictly a sinker pitcher.

The pitcher I hate facing the most would have to be Peavey. He just has so much movement on his pitches that it makes it unfair. Hopefully we don't have to face him this year. He flat-out pwned the Crew last May.

Community Moderator

Roy Halladay has 4 complete games this year in 9 starts--I find that to be amazing in this era of 6 inning starts being a success .

Still...the Diamondbacks are going to win the World Series if their 1-2 punch keeps up the way Johnson and Schilling did back in 2001.

Edit: I'll reluctantly add Carlos Zambrano to the list of top-10 pitchers right now also.

Archived