Brewer Fanatic

Upcoming Road Trip - What will make you happy?

pebadger

This is a team that can't seem to keep their cool after a tough loss.

What evidence of "uncoolness" have you seen? I've never seen anything that led me to believe that the team let's any loss affect their play going foward. Of course, I'd expect that from any professional team.

Here's what I can see happening:

The Crew takes 2 out of 3 from the BoSox.

Lose 2 out of 3 against the Buccos.

Split with the Nats.

I know that exact pattern isn't likely, but as Brewer fan, it just seems to me to be our fate. I know, a .500 road trip would be great, but it's just too easy to imagine an unlikely great series followed by two disappointing ones. That will give the sports writers, radio personalities, and fans fuel to say, "You take two from Boston, and then lose against Pittsburgh and Washington? How is that possible. There's a real problem with this team here."

I'm going to Fenway on Saturday and Sunday, so if they only win one, I hope it's one of those.

This is a team that can't seem to keep their cool after a tough loss.

What evidence of "uncoolness" have you seen? I've never seen anything that led me to believe that the team let's any loss affect their play going foward. Of course, I'd expect that from any professional team.

Like I said, I'm in a foul mood today regarding the Brewers. Until yesterday the offense had done pretty well during the homestand. But by and large it's been a quarter of a season of a general team wide pathetic approach at the plate.

Can we just put all the team stats into a computer, then judge them within any historical parameters, add in an variations and come out with a record while not actually playing any games. That way I wouldn't have to make a fool outta myself. All team records can be expressed as a range, and the range that skews highest in overall win totals takes the world series.

What will make you happy?

What are reasonable expectations at this point?

Those are two different questions. With the Brewers awful history of dismal results on the road, I will only be happy if they win more than they lose...so 6-4, barring rain-outs. But for the same reason (their history of dismal results on the road) I expect dismal results...probably 3-7. So if they are 4-6 or 5-5, they will have done better than I expect, but it will not make me happy.

joepepsi wrote:

Like I said, I'm in a foul mood today regarding the Brewers. Until yesterday the offense had done pretty well during the homestand. But by and large it's been a quarter of a season of a general team wide pathetic approach at the plate.

So are you admitting that it is you and not the team that can't keep thier cool?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

joepepsi wrote:

So are you admitting that it is you and not the team that can't keep thier cool?

Perhaps! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived