Brewer Fanatic

Upcoming Road Trip - What will make you happy?

pebadger

Ten road games in the next 11 days, three in Boston, three in Pittsburgh and 4 in DC.

What are reasonable expectations at this point? And, given that not every (for example) 4-6 road trip is created equal, what will make you happy? The Crew is tied with the Pirates right now at 20-21, and Pittsburgh is visiting the Cubs this weekend. Is just hoping to be ahead of the Pirates in the standings come Thursday evening enough?

It's kind of sad, but at this point I think I would grudgingly accept the Brewers coming back to MP at 24-27. To a certain extent, I don't even care if they are behind Pittsburgh at that point, so long as it is due to the Pirates having a great weekend in Chicago, unlikely as that may be. (As an aside, just how many home games do the Cubs get to play?). If the Brewers come back home 25-26, I'll probably be pretty happy, no matter where the wins and losses come from, and regardless of how many losses are gut-punches. I have steeled myself to the probability that Brewer fans will just have to continue to deal with that kind of punishment, at least for a while, and maybe all season.

I guess I could see them winning one in Boston and two in Pittsburgh (I know, I know). I'll guess two in DC so a 5-5 road trip I could find quite exceptable.

Will this happen? I can hope so.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

A big turning point could be if Gagne can walk into Fenway and nail down a save. That would be a huge confidence boost for the whole team and lead to success in Pittsburgh and DC.

Community Moderator

Not to sound like Yost, but I don't see what the cause for concern is. Our starting pitching is finally coming around and the offense is no longer completely inept. Plus, I wouldn't put Boston and DC on the same level as Houston and Florida, both of which have been playing great.

I'm expecting .500 but I think they will surprise you guys and do better.

But I have a bad feeling that people will be calling for a new manager by the time the dust settles from this road trip.

You say that as if it would be new and novel.

Seriously, though, my #1 priority for this trip is No More (Brewer) Injuries. After that, I'd be pleased with a .500 trip.

Yes, I'm setting the bar low, but not as low as I used to in 2002 and 2003.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd say 5-5 is the most likely. 6-4 and we'll here that the Brewers are finally putting it all together. 4-6 and the Brewers have obviously given up. They just need to make sure they get one against Boston and I think it'll be OK.

Verified Member

I'd say 5-5 is the most likely. 6-4 and we'll here that the Brewers are finally putting it all together. 4-6 and the Brewers have obviously given up. They just need to make sure they get one against Boston and I think it'll be OK.

LOL, that's sort of true. It's funny how the difference between 6-4 and 4-6 could be nothing more than a borderline pitch being called for a strike instead of a ball.

This road trip is kind of like the one we had last year when we went to Detroit and then to Minnesota. Of course the no hit game against Detroit and they we took the next two from Detroit and won 2 out of 3 and then took the next series against Minnesota. Weren't the Twins on fire at the time we were playing them in Minnesota?

I can't see them winning any games in Boston. In fact it could be ugly, something like 28 to 12. But I think they'll perform much better in Pitts. than normal and they'll munch the Nationals. So I'm guessing 6-4.

I can't see them winning any games in Boston

Can I have even odds on that? Even a terrible team (.400 win%) on the road against a great team (.600 win%) has a better than 50/50 shot of taking at least 1 game. You should never expect a sweep under any circumstances.

But I think they'll perform much better in Pitts. than normal and they'll munch the Nationals. So I'm guessing 6-4.

So, they'll get swept by Boston but go 6-1 over their next 7 games? Can I get even odds on that to?

1-2 boston

3-1 wash

2-1 pitts

6 wins would be fantastic. I think they are capable. I'll look for prince to break out in boston. He is a big stagger and maybe he can win a game or even the series for us.

I've been more positive in the last week, but I'm in a foul mood after the last two games. This is a team that can't seem to keep their cool after a tough loss. Suppan and Bush could get killed in Fenway. That could turn the offense quickly into a bunch of mopey, hang your head, swing at every high outside pitch, types. They're gonna get swept at Boston, win one in Pittsburgh, and make the Nats rotation look like 5 Brandon Webbs.

I really, really hope I'm wrong, but 2-8 seems about par. Yost will be fired after the plane ride home on the 26th.

But I have a bad feeling that people will be calling for a new manager by the time the dust settles from this road trip.
The Brewers could go 10-0 on the road trip and people would be calling for a new manager. That's not a great barometer for the success of the road trip.

I'll be happy with 5-5. Anything better would be great!

Archived