Brewer Fanatic

David Riske to 15-Day DL; RHP Mark DiFelice to Make Big League Debut

jflick1215
Just took a peek at Difelice's numbers. I wonder why he never got a shot before, as his numbers are consistently above average at all levels. Good control and ERA at most stops. Even in some difficult parks.

Just took a peek at Difelice's numbers. I wonder why he never got a shot before, as his numbers are consistently above average at all levels. Good control and ERA at most stops. Even in some difficult parks.

Is he really almost 32 and never been to the majors? His numbers have been pretty solid at every level.....His K:BB ratio is better than 4:1! Are the stats I'm looking at wrong?

Is he really almost 32 and never been to the majors? His numbers have been pretty solid at every level.....His K:BB ratio is better than 4:1! Are the stats I'm looking at wrong?

nope, he's been swell. If you don't have "stuff", you aren't going far, fast. I believe he developed a new pitch a couple years ago.

If Branyan is called up, iirc we wouldn't be able to send him down. I'm fine with that, since I think TGJ has no role on this team anyway. I can't get excited about a guy whose primary (or only) use is as a PR. Waste of a roster spot imo. Anything else Gwynn provides, we already get from Counsell & Kapler.

Is that the case? I thought since we signed Branyan to a minor league deal, we can bring him up and send him down as needed.

Is that the case? I thought since we signed Branyan to a minor league deal, we can bring him up and send him down as needed.

Any player brought up to the major leagues must be placed on the 40-man roster. Branyan is out of options and would have to clear waivers to be sent back down, and he could also declare free agency if he cleared waivers.

Are you really worried about somebody claiming Branyan? Every major league club had their shot at the end of spring training. He's just not the hot commodity some people on here think he is.

I'd rather see Laporta up for some DH time in the AL, just like they did with Prince a few years ago. Not that it matters anyway.

Unless it's a real emergency, to bring up Branyan--or anyone without options and not on the 40-man roster, it should be more than just a whim or to have the guy around for only a few days.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Are you really worried about somebody claiming Branyan? Every major league club had their shot at the end of spring training. He's just not the hot commodity some people on here think he is.

He's destroyed PCL pitching. His career OPS is .800+. He's a very useful bench player type for a contending team, and I'm grateful the Brewers signed him. I have no idea why Gwynn Jr. is a Brewer & Branyan isn't, but I digress.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

He's destroyed PCL pitching. His career OPS is .800+. He's a very useful bench player type for a contending team, and I'm grateful the Brewers signed him. I have no idea why Gwynn Jr. is a Brewer & Branyan isn't, but I digress.

Agreed. I know the site is known for it's Branyan love and some think that is the only reason he gets praise because he's Branyan, but he's putting together a pretty darn good season in AAA.

There's is one clear reason why he should be in Milwaukee:

He's a lefty with big-time pop. The Brewers have a glaring lack of that beside Prince and it's even more glaring while Prince is somewhat of a power funk and hasn't heated up just quite yet.

Gwynn is a nice player and all, but he has no real future with the Brewers -- time to trade him.

Back to DiFelice -- I've been hoping this guy would get a shot eventually. His numbers with the Brewers organization have been very good. It's time to see whether he's one of those AAAA players without a real + pitch or if there's some MLB talent behind the stats. Good luck Mark!

Archived