Brewer Fanatic

David Riske to 15-Day DL; RHP Mark DiFelice to Make Big League Debut

jflick1215

Why on earth would you want Gagne to get hurt? He's the best chance the Brewers have at getting production in the 9th inning. He already went through a great stretch in the middle of April and will end up with 40+ saves most likely.

Mota is a good middle-inning guy, but just not cut out to be a closer like Gagne is.

Verified Member

From TH:

It's my understanding they are considering right-handers Tim Dillard and Mark DiFelice as well as lefty Zach Jackson.
Jackson has been horrible. No thanks. Pena is coming around, but he had a rough start.

I second Dillard, but if Yost thinks he can get by without a reliever maybe we see Brad Nelson for the weekend.

I would rather like to see Branyan come up and send Gwynn down and bring up another bullpen arm.

From TH:

It's my understanding they are considering right-handers Tim Dillard and Mark DiFelice as well as lefty Zach Jackson.
Jackson has been horrible. No thanks. Pena is coming around, but he had a rough start.

Jackson has been horrible no doubt but I've read several times over the last couple years that he has trouble on his off speed stuff and has been working on it extensively as a starter. He's one of those guys that may not look good in the minors because of what they asked him to do more than just being bad. If his only problem is the third pitch I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do. I'd much rather he did it as a reliever in the minors. I think it might be a good time to move him to the releif role and see if he can handle that role or he just sucks.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

If Branyan is called up, iirc we wouldn't be able to send him down. I'm fine with that, since I think TGJ has no role on this team anyway. I can't get excited about a guy whose primary (or only) use is as a PR. Waste of a roster spot imo. Anything else Gwynn provides, we already get from Counsell & Kapler.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Verified Member
I think it might be a good time to move him to the releif role and see if he can handle that role or he just sucks.
He's been in the bullpen for a few weeks now (5 appearances). He did manage to get his ERA under 7.00.

Yeah maybe they bring up Nelson for the weekend to DH and then after the series send him back and call up an arm.

But that would leave them with only 11 pitchers. We need to get that back up to 13 or 14!!

erasmo is a lefty, iirc. that would be a bunch of lefties in the pen.

if a bat gets brought up, they probably aren't playing today, unless they have an early game. It takes awhile to go from nashville or huntsville to boston.

I think it might be a good time to move him to the releif role and see if he can handle that role or he just sucks.
He's been in the bullpen for a few weeks now (5 appearances). He did manage to get his ERA under 7.00.

Must have missed that. It's about time though. If he can make it as a reliever that would give us two young leties in the pen for the next few years.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived