Brewer Fanatic

Question regarding manager tenure and playoffs

LUKE232323

Was trying to find this information somewhere, without having any luck. I was just curious what the longest tenure of a ML manager has been for one team that didn't make the playoffs? I think it would be something interesting to look at historically, especially in regards to this team.

Anyone know the answer?

How many playoff appearances would the best manager in the universe have right now, had he been managing the Brewers instead of Yost? One at most? That's a big difference than zero but let's not act like Yost had any reasonable chance of making the playoffs prior to that.

Team Talent >>>>> Manager

On a side note, this obsession with getting Yost is kind of creepy. I don't even like the guy but I find myself defending him more and more. I will give you the rluzinski guarantee that his eventual replacement will make the same kind of questionable moves that Yost does and will eventually be fired just like Yost will. Yada, yada, yada. On and on. Heads must role.

I was just wondering. We don't need to turn this into a bash Yost thread, but I was curious historically what the longest tenure of a manager was without the playoffs. Save your post for another thread.

Archived