Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun signs: 8/$45M, 8/$51M if super two; includes this year, buys out 2 FA years; Latest: salary breakdown (reply #205)

aracko
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers calling it an 8-year deal

By Tom Haudricourt

Thursday, May 15 2008, 09:54 AM

The Brewers are calling their new deal with leftfielder Ryan Braun an 8-year deal, because they're including 2008 in the contract.

Braun already was signed for this year, however, so it's a 7-year extension. By going through 2015, it buys out his first two years of free agency.

I expect the deal to be worth around $45 million, which would be the largest in club history.

Brewers are calling it an eight year deal!

The Brewers are calling their new deal with leftfielder Ryan Braun an 8-year deal, because they're including 2008 in the contract.

Braun already was signed for this year, however, so it's a 7-year extension. By going through 2015, it buys out his first two years of free agency.

I expect the deal to be worth around $45 million, which would be the largest in club history.

620 isn't going to the press conference?

What?

If Favre had a press conference to announce he had eggs for breakfast, they would have switched over, then talked about it for an hour.

this definitely takes some of the sting out of last night's loss. way to step up Mark and Ryan!
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

If 8 years, $45 million is correct, thats just over $5.5 million per year. Definitely seems like a good deal.

Agreed. I have a feeling (this is just my opinion) that this signifies Fielder will be shown the door sooner rather than later. I don't think Prince would take $90 million over 8 years as long as Boras is around and hopefully Prince handles Braun's contract with class, but I could see him being publicly upset about it.

Archived