Brewer Fanatic

5/15/08 Dodgers (Billingsley) at Brewers (Sheets): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God I hope we can somehow take 2 of 3 in Boston. But I'm not betting on it.

I'll be happy with 1 out of 3. I hate saying this but they basically have to win both the Pirates and the Nationals series.

If they can win 6 out of 10 on that trip I would be very happy. Anymore wins then that and it's a bonus.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Rivera is just as capable of doing what Bennett did today, but Ned wants to run Kendall out there 155 times apparently.

I'm expecting once the weather and the offense heats up, they'll give Kendall more days off.

Can we please send Gwynn down to the minors. He is awful.
posted on here said it best: "swings a wet newspaper for a bat"

I am so ready for this experiment to be over.

Really? Replacing the starter in the 7th when suddenly every hitter is slamming the ball is stupid? Brewers could use more stupid...

Rivera is just as capable of doing what Bennett did today, but Ned wants to run Kendall out there 155 times apparently.

You don't like how Kendall has played?

Kendall will be 34 years old in June. Catching him in noon starts after night games is ludicrous. Torre doesn't do that with Russell Martin, and he's nearly 10 years younger and a far better hitter. Granted he keeps Martin in the order, but not catching. Kendall will be toast come July.

Soto is top rookie of the year candidate, but Piniella rests him more often than Yost rests Kendall.

JohnBriggs, Martin was going to start until DeWitt was a late scratch so Bennett started (which is disgusting considering he was 4 RBI today...) I still agree with you though, starting Kendall so much is ridiculous. They always have to make a positive spin out of it too, "Shows you how much he wants to play!" "I guess he doesn't get tired idn't pardner." Playing 10 out of every 11 games is bad.

I'd say today's phrase of the game was "Gary freakin' Bennett." What's his thing with getting to the Brewers? It's not like the fans booed him on opening day.

I'll focus on what went right, or at least better. The S.O. and I each spent time in the front row behind home plate, thanks to And That's generosity (and mostly because he woke up feeling unwell - we hope that doesn't last). We didn't have a lot to cheer about, but it was a very interesting view, and at first I felt like Bob Uecker in the classic Miller Lite commercial (only with the seat really being in the front row).

sgtcluels, it was nice to meet you, and I hope your injury heals quickly and completely.

bball123h, I'm sorry I missed you.

Brewers, please hit the reset button (except Ryan).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived