Brewer Fanatic

5/15/08 Dodgers (Billingsley) at Brewers (Sheets): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
It isn't like Sheets was making good pitches and they were just hitting them. It was bad pitch after bad pitch. I just hate watching Yost run a pitching staff, that was just dumb leaving him out there that long.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben obviously had nothing left. Shouldn't of kept out there until it was 6-0

His velocity was fine and his pitch count was low. He's one of the best pitchers in the league. Even with 2 on and 1 out and the game at 3-0, Sheets just needed to get Gary Bennett and the pitcher out to get out of the frame. I don't think it was unreasonable to let Sheets try and get out of it.

I was going to make a quick post during my lunch break about the Brewers stinking up the joint today, but then I took a better look and saw Sheets pitched 6 shutout innings before falling apart. Was it injury? Just laying fat fastballs up for Gary Bennett (and others) to wallop? Looks like he pitched pretty well until then.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Ben obviously had nothing left. Shouldn't of kept out there until it was 6-0

His velocity was fine and his pitch count was low. He's one of the best pitchers in the league. Even with 2 on and 1 out and the game at 3-0, Sheets just needed to get Gary Bennett and the pitcher out to get out of the frame. I don't think it was unreasonable to let Sheets try and get out of it.

Jeez, Russ, get with the program. Obviously Ned should have anticipated that cruising along for 6 innings mowing them down means you'll implode in the 7th. Everyone knows that!

he had under 90 pitches and the score was three to zero and he's the ace of the darn staff. it was not ridiculous to leave him in so stop with that all ready. power hitting gary bennett and the pitcher were due up. don't make this in to a ned yost kept him in too long thing because its not even close! you yost bashers are getting pretty insane with how you question him now.

Yea I really would yank Sheets in a 3-0 game with the #8 and #9 hitters due up. If he gets Bennett you yank him after the 7th with a 3-0 defecit. The HR by Bennett was the shocker.

Edit: Was so pissed typing that..I forgot to change it to Blue, but that should be pretty obvious.

The in-game-thread has turned into a lament-thread. What a disappointing day. Every time I think this team has brought me down for the last time (i.e. last night) they go and do it again. Oh, it hurts so bad! (lamenting howl).
You may run like Mays...

For anyone watching the game... what website did Trenni give for Braun's clothing line? I thought she said Affliction.com... but that's nothing. And when I searched Affliction clothing, it comes up with an Ozzy Osborne clothing line. Think that's the same thing?

Archived