Brewer Fanatic

Edmonds to the Cubs (pending physical)

As in, Edmonds has a subpar partial season in Chicago, gets lasik surgery in the off season and joins the Brewers in 2009? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

At least there's one less cub fan out there now. Visit this blog. Note the URL title.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hopefully that works out like the Jason Kendall signing did last year for them.

TWR, I'm usually right with you on your posts (especially those pertaining to the subject of your username), but you missed a detail here. . . . Kendall never signed with the Cubs. He was traded from Oakland to Chicago for Michael Barrett.

Hopefully that works out like the Jason Kendall signing did last year for them.

TWR, I'm usually right with you on your posts (especially those pertaining to the subject of your username), but you missed a detail here. . . . Kendall never signed with the Cubs. He was traded from Oakland to Chicago for Michael Barrett.

Nope. Barrett was traded to San Diego for C Rob Bowen. Bowen then was traded to the A's for Kendall. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Sorry to nitpick.

Also 1000 POST!!!

As in, Edmonds has a subpar partial season in Chicago, gets lasik surgery in the off season and joins the Brewers in 2009? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

At least there's one less cub fan out there now. Visit this blog. Note the URL title.

I think it's hilarious a Cub fan started a entire blog dedicated to not signing Edmonds.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

.178/.265/.233/.498 (that's right, his OPS is under .500)

Jim Edmonds <<< Dennis Rodman

From everything I've heard Edmonds can't even play defense very well anymore so I'm not sure what they think they'll get out of this. IsPie going back to the minors? Doesn't the way they are treating Pie seem earliy similar to how they brought along Patterson? No wonder they never get much out of their prospects they always jerk them around.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

That's correct, Buc. Obviously to say he 'can't play D' anymore is a bit of hyperbole, but I can't blame you for it. I post on the MadFriars.com forums quite a bit, and they were very disappointed with Edmonds pretty much right away. It's a good message board (like here), so I take what the posters there say as credibly as I do here. The responses right away were that they couldn't believe how poor his D was/is, and he looked terrible at the dish.

The Cubs probably got him for next to nothing. Any other price was way too high.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

What's odd, though, is that Edmonds doesn't really fit the profile of the 'position player to bat 9th'. You have to be able to get on base there to be useful.

Btw, LaRussa & the Cardinals definitely started this. The Brewers are copycats.

Don't most Cubs fans flat-out hate Jim Edmonds? It seems like it would be them signing Ryan Braun in the twilight of his career when he's 38.

Not only do Cubs fans hate Edmonds, but Carlos Zambrano absolutely despises him. He refused to comment when it came out that the Cubs signed him. I like the chances of seeing another dugout brawl in Wrigley this season.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

crewcrazy wrote:

Not only do Cubs fans hate Edmonds, but Carlos Zambrano absolutely despises him. He refused to comment when it came out that the Cubs signed him. I like the chances of seeing another dugout brawl in Wrigley this season.

If Zambrano hates him then he has to be doing something right!

Per the Cubs' website, this is official. Edmonds passed the physical.

EDIT: You can probably forget the 'P batting 8th' stuff. We missed that Piniella seemed to be joking.

"Asked where he'll hit, Piniella, weary of lineup questions, smiled.

'He's going to hit ninth,' Piniella said. 'I'm going to move the pitcher to eighth, and hit Edmonds ninth.'

That's not likely to happen. Wherever Edmonds hits, the Cubs were eager to have him in the mix."

Archived