Brewer Fanatic

where do you "watch" the game?

i currently live abroad and thus have not been able to watch, let alone attend, a game yet this season. as a result, i've been comparing the gameday/gamecast features on various sites because i have to follow the games at work. originally i had preferred mlb.com's "gameday" feature, but something about my connection at work makes it freeze up pretty regularly, which is quite annoying. so for the past week or so i had been using yahoo's equivalent (don't have the specific application's name handy), which i found slowslowslow. i've finally arrived at espn.com's gamecast. [before you castigate me for even thinking that anything about espn might be useful, hear me out: 1) i'm desperate for brewers, and 2) i have a fantasy league that i have to check there anyways.] not only is the connection and speed better at gamecast, but there is a constant flow of information about the hitters and pitchers splits, game conditions, other headlines, and, for what it's worth, the animation and layout are better. after only a short time, i would have to say that mlb.com's and yahoo's similar features pale in comparison.

there must be other people on this board whose game watching is, like mine, sadly relegated to these options. thoughts? recommendations? are there other, better options? am i late to the party?

i'd really liked CBS Sportsline's gamecast, but now it constantly freezes up on me. might always just be my computer, though.

like you, now i'm stuck with espn for the game at work. it's all i go to the site for. can't stand their gamecast, either.

Next time you're back in the States, invest in a Slingbox. You won't regret it.

The catch is that you'll have to find family/friends with a reasonable internet connection and a cable splitter..unless they don't mind you commandeering their TV for hours at a time.

Archived