Brewer Fanatic

Who will DH for Interleague play this month?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling Mat Gamel won't have a lot of problems with options in his career. He uses one this season, next season uses one to start the year in Nashville, will be up and down next year, should be a regular on the team in 2010 with an option to spare.

these topics seem pretty similar. Might as well merge them.

edit: sorry if I did this wrong. First try at it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Thanks Pitch. I didn't see the older topic.

Boston is a tough place to play. Dice K, Wakefield, and Beckett is a tough match-up. I love Gamel, but I wouldn't want to put him in position to fail - and then have him wait a year before he get a chance to redeem himself.

Dice K, Wakefield, and Beckett is a tough match-up.

Wakefield tends to be hot or cold, & Matsuzaka is very overrated (he's solid, just not an elite SP)... Beckett is tough. I agree though, that it's rough to draw any team's 3 top SP.

TWR, iirc the service time count would stop once he'd head back down to the minors, in terms of the 'arby clock' (imo there's no way Gamel is even being seriously considered, just wanted to chime in there)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

IMO i would look at Nelson and Nix as the two who could get a look at coming up and giving support to Mil in Boston... Nix has all the tools to be a stud but has never been able to stay healthy and play steady but if u want someone to play D and steal some bases he has all the tools to do it... Nelson has been battling injuries the last couple of years and is finally back to his old self and producing which raises his value for Melvin as he knows he needs to find a lefthanded bat or two that can hit for some power and Nelson has that...

The Fan in me wants it to be LaPorta cause I want to see what he can do being the young Superstud, but I think Nelson is the best option right now and he just might come up and never go back.

Archived