Brewer Fanatic

Rear Ended again.

iluvlamp

Arghh. This time I was in the car with only liability. There is damage and was hit by a guy driving a dealership service truck. I called my insurance to report it but the cops rolled up so I cut it short. So some questions:

1. Why do I keep having people hit my cars?

2. Since my insurance won't do my bidding for me, do I report/file a claim with that dealerships insurance. How soon should I do it? I ask that because don't I have to wait for the accident report from the sheriff if I do file a claim?

3. My uncle said to get an estimate and then send the findings (damage amount) with a letter to the dealership and they will then file with their insurance. Sounds strange to me to go that route. He said it worked for him.

4. Any other tips? I have been pretty ignorant on this subject but feel I am becoming an expert. Thanks for you help!

1. Why do I keep having people hit my cars?

Karma? Next time you're at the grocery store and have a lot of things, let the guy behind you who's only buying bread and a magazine slip ahead of you. That or get one of those orange triangles on the back of your car.

Call this driver's company, answer their questions, and they'll probably send an adjuster to the body shop of your choice and cut a check right there.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived