Brewer Fanatic

I'm shocked - absolutely shocked

cubfan1126

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080512&content_id=2687277&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnered=rss_mlb

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

No this is not an article from 2006 or 2007 or 2004 or 2005 - I'm so glad he's no longer our problem

Prior takes step back in rehab

Shoulder discomfort during throwing session prompts MRI

By Jon Greenberg / Special to MLB.com

CHICAGO -- After suffering a previously reported setback in his rehab program this weekend, pitcher Mark Prior was scheduled for an MRI on his right shoulder Monday, Padres manager Bud Black said.

"Mark was throwing on the side, getting ready for batting practice, a couple days ago and felt quite a bit of discomfort in his shoulder, and he shut down his throwing session and came back to San Diego," Black said.

After meeting with Padres doctors Monday, there's a chance Prior will take that familiar trip to Birmingham, Ala., on Wednesday, to see Dr. James Andrews, who performed arthoscopic surgery on his nettlesome shoulder on April 24, 2007. Prior was shut down for eight days in April because of soreness.

"Mark had been on a nice path," Black said. "He had to take a step back a couple weeks ago, but I think you can probably deem this a setback for sure."

The Padres signed the oft-injured 27-year-old to a one-year deal a day after Christmas knowing he would take some time to recover from the surgery. He threw off a mound for the first time in late March, and there hadn't been a firm timetable for his return.

Wasn't there actually a problem with Prior's mechanics? I remember when he came up all I heard was that "this guy's got perfect mechanics" but here he is injured all the time. I know he's got that inverted W, does that cause strain on the elbow, shoulder, or both...?

Man, even when he was a Cub I felt horrible for the guy. I didn't even realize he's only 27 years old. What a wasted career. I almost just want him to have one decent season before he hangs it up.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

You like to think that hard work and determination pays off in the end, but sometimes it just isn't true.

I feel bad for anyone who put there all into something only to face failure through no fault of their own. (Even Cubs)

spoken like a true cubs fan. love the optimism.
spoken like Ned Yost.

i'll never root for a guy, even a Cub (or former) getting injured, just sucking. not just Prior, i thought Wood was going to be something amazing, too.

Dang, that's hard to read. I know you didn't try to make that story 1" by 25", but it sure is hard to read in that format.

It seemed to work fine in Firefox and Safari, but just in case, I stripped out the crazy table code that pasted over from mlb.com.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

That fixed it for me Casey, I still use IE.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

If Prior ever were to get it together and remain healthy for a five year stretch, imagine him putting up a Sandy Koufax-like run at Petco. I've always had an affinity for him, as I am a devout USC fan, living in Green Bay. Good times. It wouldn't seem that he made the right decision this offseason, however, when he took a discounted one year deal in an attempt to up his value in the pitchers' paradise of Petco.

Archived