Brewer Fanatic

Looking for a 37" LCD HD TV. Any Suggestions?

bobbledude25
Hey, I am looking for about a 37" inch LCD HD TV. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best place to get one for a good price is? I see price can range from like 600-1200+. I'm looking for more int he 700 ish range. And what brand would you recommend? I'd like to say what consumer reports had to say but I dont want to pay to see it online. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, I am looking for about a 37" inch LCD HD TV. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best place to get one for a good price is? I see price can range from like 600-1200+. I'm looking for more int he 700 ish range. And what brand would you recommend? I'd like to say what consumer reports had to say but I dont want to pay to see it online. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to your local library; that is where I found some, but not all of the information I used when I made my purchase last December.

Also, go for at least a 42". A 37" will not give you as much HD appreciation viewing size than anything smaller. If you look, say at Walmart, and compare the screens for those two sizes you will see a 37" is not a very good size to view HD on.

Take it from a person who also just went through the long process himself

Make sure you look at the model number and stats of any TV you buy at Wal-Mart. There is a reason their Sony TV may be cheaper than a Best Buy or Circuit City or American TV, etc. Wal-mart used to get the lowest end model of the same size and fool people into believing it was the same TV as other place but really had a slower processing chip, or less lines of resolution, or slower refresh rate, etc. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples and not just looking at brand name and screen size.

I would lean toward a Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, although 37" is sort of an odd size so Sony may not make one. I know of nothing but nightmares with LG but that was mainly the plasmas and mobile phones. Vizeo has never been a favorite but some people have liked them for the smaller TV's.

I have a 37'' LCD LG that I have had no problems with. I did pay $1800 for it though but that was pretty much the average price when I got it 2 years ago. If I were to do it over again though, I'd probably get a 42''.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived