Brewer Fanatic

5/14/08 Dodgers (Lowe) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hall...That was ugly

Uke said that Mota wants whoever plays third to whip the ball as hard as he can to him to start the inning (I didn't see it, but it sounded odd, as you said it looked).

Uke also had no idea what the argument was about.

EDIT: I just realized you may have been talking about the first out, not the throw to Mota.

And clearly Mota has no ill effects. I think Yost was pissed bc he thought the Dodgers dugout called for the ball to be swapped. That said, my crude lip-reading 'skills' saw West say something to the effect of, "No, I saw it" to Ned.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm thinking Yost was yelling at the ump for disrupting his pitchers routine.

Uke explained it.

Mota likes the third baseman to throw the ball back to him really hard. Then he's ready to go.

The ump probably thought they did something to the ball, so he wanted to look at it.

So I think Yost told the ump to mind his own darn business.

Why did they substitute Hart instead of Braun? If you are going to play the defensive substitution game I really think Braun should be the one to sit even if he is hitting well. It is isnt like Hart isnt hitting well too.

"What upset Ned was that after he threw his warm-up tosses, he was in a groove, he didn't want there to be a stoppage." So naturally, the thing to do is drag it on even longer.

ned can't even defend his players (already lost his groove, already stoppage, didn't matter at that point) without some of you getting on him. highlarious.

Archived