Brewer Fanatic

5/14/08 Dodgers (Lowe) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, I know Yost gets all the flack on this site (and i agree w/ most), but when are people going to get on Melvin. I really don't know a great move he has made in the past two years. Sure he picked a few guys of the scrap heat when the Crew were terrible, but what lately? He is the one who put this bullpen together, he is the one who kept Yost around, he is the one who overpaid for Gagne, traded prospects for Linebrink, and traded for Estrada (granted got something out of him).

Maybe I am wrong and overreacting to another frustrating bullpen performance, but it's just hard to watch the bullpen blow it night after night.

These Brewers remind me a bit of the Bucks. Just on the wrong side of mediocrity. I hope our season doesn't become as unbearable to watch as theirs.

If the Bucks are "just" on the wrong side of mediocrity, I'd like to see what a truly bad team looks like.

The Brewers are much, much, much better in their respective league than the Bucks.

Ya know, I know Yost gets all the flack on this site (and i agree w/ most), but when are people going to get on Melvin. I really don't know a great move he has made in the past two years. Sure he picked a few guys of the scrap heat when the Crew were terrible, but what lately? He is the one who put this bullpen together, he is the one who kept Yost around, he is the one who overpaid for Gagne, traded prospects for Linebrink, and traded for Estrada (granted got something out of him).

Maybe I am wrong and overreacting to another frustrating bullpen performance, but it's just hard to watch the bullpen blow it night after night.

There's a thread on this subject in the Major Leagues forum. No need to rehash the same discussion for the millionth time here.

He's called strike 3 on the outide corner a handful of times tonight. Whether or not they think it's a strike haven't they learned yet?

It was a ball low and a ball outside. Awful call.

Archived