Brewer Fanatic

Sad News: Brewers PA announcer has heart attack (Update: Back behind the mic June 2)

AJAY

I was at the game tonight. I don't know who's voice it was but it sounded like someone I have heard before but nobody could put their finger on it. But he was good, at times he sounded a grown version of the kids they let announce, but that is ok because it was full of energy.

Wish nothing but the best and a speedy recovery to Mr. Edwards and his family.

Yeah it was Mueller. He did fine except for at the beginning of the bottom of the 2nd. He said "leading off the 3rd for the Dodgers, Brad Penny", but then corrected the inning, team and player (Penny would lead off the next inning). Not as much energy as Edwards, and obviously he wasn't used to a lot of the between-innings stuff that Edwards could do without thinking about it.

I too miss Mr. Betts. He had a one of a kind voice.

Robb is a great PA announcer and a good guy to boot. I hope everything goes well for him and hopefully he can get back to Miller Park as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
Verified Member

The miracle of modern heart surgery..

I'm glad he's back, because I thought Gene Mueller was just plain awful..

I agree though, Betts was the pa voice of the Brewers for me..

Archived