Brewer Fanatic

Late Night Shuffle: Jimmy Fallon to Late Night...

jaybird2001wi

Clearly you haven't seen Taxi!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00074CBIS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Supermodel supervillains? Uh oh! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 1 year later...

I'm not much of a TV guy, but I have to admit that I'm excited for Conan's debut on Monday night, if only because I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and the rumor is that they'll be debuting two new songs tomorrow night as Conan's musical guest.

That and Conan's probably the freshest, sharpest thing going in late night TV.

Tomorrow is the rare night in which I'm excited for TV...

It will be interesting to see what happens with ratings - Conan's appeal is very different from Leno's and I think he'll alienate a lot of Leno's viewers. Conan's humor and schtick can be very grating and juvenile sometimes and I can't see the 50-somethings that enjoy Leno will not make the transition with him.

It will be interesting to see what happens with ratings - Conan's appeal is very different from Leno's and I think he'll alienate a lot of Leno's viewers. Conan's humor and schtick can be very grating and juvenile sometimes and I can't see the 50-somethings that enjoy Leno will not make the transition with him.
But, at the same time O'Brien's fan's from his previous time slot will be up to add to whatever previous Leno fans stick around.

I'm not much of a TV guy, but I have to admit that I'm excited for Conan's debut on Monday night, if only because I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and the rumor is that they'll be debuting two new songs tomorrow night as Conan's musical guest.

If that's true, wow. I'm not even much more than a very casual PJ fan, and I'm already 'there' for that show. That's awesome.

Community Moderator

Conan's appeal is very different from Leno's and I think he'll alienate a lot of Leno's viewers. Conan's humor and schtick can be very grating and juvenile sometimes and I can't see the 50-somethings that enjoy Leno will not make the transition with him.

While I agree that his appeal is different from Leno's, Conan's act is much more similar to Letterman's than Leno's, so if they don't like Conan, the viewers aren't likely to switch over to Letterman (who at this point is arguably more grating and juvenile).

While I agree that his appeal is different from Leno's, Conan's act is much more similar to Letterman's than Leno's, so if they don't like Conan, the viewers aren't likely to switch over to Letterman (who at this point is arguably more grating and juvenile).
So true. If you don't like Conan's masturbating bear you can tune into Letterman and watch "Will it float?". I'll be tuning in tonight, but I'm still upset that I now have to chose between my two favorites in Letterman and Conan.

Personally, I like Conan, Ferguson, and Letterman. IMO, Letterman is the reason people watch Conan. Conan's show reminds me of Letterman's when he debuted.

Leno and Fallon are pretty bad. Leno talks and laughs over most of his guests and Fallon is just bad.

Fallon reminds me of "The Chris Farley Show" from SNL. Do you remember when you did this (or that)? That was awesome!

I thought Letterman was really, really funny in the 80's. Similar to what someone else mentioned with Conan, Letterman use to go out on the streets and do various things. He has not done that in years. I still like Letterman, but he not nearly as good as he was 15 or 20 years ago.

I think Conan is very funny.

I can tolerate Leno and Fallon. I don't understand the hatred for Fallon. I guess just like I don't understand the hatred for Joe Morgan. Don't want to turn this into a Joe Morgan discussion, but I figure he's a HOF 2nd baseman. He probably knows more about baseball than I do. Then again, I can't think of any sportscasters that I really dislike.

I don't get Ferguson at all. I think I've seen the first 5 minutes of his show a couple of dozen times. The audience seems to find his monologue hysterically funny, but I just don't get it. Maybe it's the accent.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think Craig Ferguson is very overlooked, and almost surely has the best monologue on late night tv.
His studio audience sure thinks so. I'm not more of a casual watcher of his show, but it sure seems like their response is always a bit over the top to the material. (Kind of like watching a Robin Williams movie.) I agree with Patrick425, I don't get it.

I caught last night's Tonight Show. It's good to see Conan back on television... that 3 month hiatus seemed to take an eternity. Utilizing Andy Richter as the announcer seemed a bit off. That across the stage banter between Conan and Andy is just a bit awkward to watch. Too bad they couldn't bring Joel Goddard (and Toshi) with and seat Andy somewhere else. Hopefully they'll work out the kinks or I'll adjust.

I accidentally tuned in last night after Conan's show was over. Hit 'last' on the remote. Was in a very akward part of an interview with Anne Hathaway where she was playing a guitar & singing kinda poorly. The audience sounded comatose. I think I would have rather seen Carson Daly get Conan's timeslot. I'm only half-kidding.

Community Moderator

His studio audience sure thinks so. I'm not more of a casual watcher of his show, but it sure seems like their response is always a bit over the top to the material.

I don't know- I usually find the monologue very funny. I think it helps to be a regular watcher, as he uses a lot of running gags.

His studio audience sure thinks so. I'm not more of a casual watcher of his show, but it sure seems like their response is always a bit over the top to the material.

I don't know- I usually find the monologue very funny. I think it helps to be a regular watcher, as he uses a lot of running gags.

I dont get to watch much anymore but I agree that Ferguson is underrated.

Archived