Brewer Fanatic

Why not Houston?

naivin
Plus there are lots of unpleasant rumblings out of the clubhouse, like Oswalt saying he has no idea what Cooper is talking about when he criticizes the team. Cooper is looking a little like bad Ned. Flipping out on umpires and attacking the media whenever they question his tactics. And some of those tactics have been hard to understand, like having Wiggington attempt to steal in the ninth in a close Yankees game. Dude's nickname could be Wiggs-is-a-ton.
Formerly AKA Pete

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll see the samething happen to St louis before to long. I just don't see them as all that much more talented than Houston.

Probably not the right thread for this question but what happen to the NL West?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Probably not the right thread for this question but what happen to the NL West?

The Giants and the Padres are what everyone thought they were old and not enough talent to win. Plus having Peavy and Young go down for the Padres was a killer blow for them especially when they rely on their pitching and defense to win games for them their offense is not that great either which is why they have been struggling. The Giants are in rebuild mode and I don't think anyone really gave them any kind of chance to be competitive. The Dodgers are underachieving right now Brad Penny and others on the team are not playing like they should be. The Diamondbacks are coming back down to Earth after that hot start. I still think that the Diamondbacks are the team to beat in the NL West and in the NL.

Kind of like U2 and Simple Minds when they first came out...

If you read the novel High Fidelity, there are frequent (and hilarious) references to Simple Minds. (Loved the movie version, too, but that part of things got lost.)

Archived