Brewer Fanatic

when you're about to say something that doesn't really matter...

i know we've got a thread for "things too pointless to say elsewhere", and this is not intended to be a clone. rather, i'm hoping that this thread can be used by those of us - please note the use of "our" in the title and "us" in this sentence to note that i'm being inclusive, not exclusive - who sometimes feel the need to add generally pointless or valueless trinkets onto otherwise solid discussions. how does this differ from the other "pointless" thread? the idea is this: next time you have the urge to laud tony gwynn in a mike-cameron-is-slumping thread or to let everyone know that you work too far from work to bike via the "bike to work week" thread, instead, put that thought here. by doing this, i believe we can accomplish two things:

1) we stop annoying our fellow posters with off-the-path opinion. i needn't point out the disdain for this sort of thing.

2) we create a sort of "cut-up" (william burroughs-style) thread composed of thoughts that might only be trivially or marginally related, a world where one reply need not say anything about any of the previously-expressed ideas in the thread.

i hope this idea can be embraced, for both of the above reasons. i personally hate reading people's completely pointless "throw-in" comments (do you do this just to drive up your post count?), and i'll be interested to read a thread that is actually intended to be confusing.

Blah, blah, blah...conversation about Will Inman, Steve Garrison and Joe Thatcher...blah, blah, blah

It seems that every time the Padres are brought up, in trade talk or not, someone brings up wanting Inman, Garrison and Thatcher back. Personally, I think ALL Inman, Garrison and Thatcher talk should go in this thread, because, seeing that they are now FORMER Brewer minor league pitchers, they have NO place in the major or minor league forums. Then I can ignore this thread, and the people living in the past who post on it. Get with the times people...good teams give up minor leaguers for major league talent. It will happen again, to this team. Personally, I don't care whatsoever what Inman, Garrison and Thatcher do with San Diego's AAA team. They aren't Brewers anymore.

I agree Ralph. What's especially ironic is I'd much rather have the draft picks, as I don't have to pay to sign them. Thatcher is a loogy, Inman is too short to be a healthy SP for his career, and Garrison is a middling guy. Now, one or more of these things may not end up being true (Inman could be Roy Oswalt Part 2), but as of right now, they are certainly not worth getting upset about.

I think ALL Inman, Garrison and Thatcher talk should go in this thread, because, seeing that they are now FORMER Brewer minor league pitchers, they have NO place in the major or minor league forums.

They may not have a place in the major league forum, but they are minor league players, so why can't they be talked about in the minor league forum? Isn't that sort of what the minor league forum is for? Or are we just allowed to talk about Brewers' minor leaguers? Should we delete any reference to players outside of the current Brewers' minor league system?

I cheered for all three of those guys, will continue to do so, and enjoy the updates I get.

I cheered for all three of those guys, will continue to do so, and enjoy the updates I get.

Agreed. I think some of the reason this topic comes up a lot is because of the draft picks. We really don't know who the winner is until after the picks AND after they are in the system awhile. If this really bothers you, I hate to break it to you, but it might be a few more years...

i hate bagels. i've always hated bagels. they don't taste like the thing they're allegedly flavored as.

how has this thread (already) spiraled into an inman/padres/minrs/majors crap-ola? read the first post.

then again, chaos was invited, so, in a way it's not out of line for the thread to take a turn completely away from the title. but yeah, see jazzytrav's comment. wiggum got it right, the rest of you? you're doing it wrong.

after a weekend full of $1 hot dogs I have come to two conclusions.

1. Turns out dollar dogs really aren't that good, and you don't need to eat 6 a day just because they are cheap

2. If you are going to eat 15 or more dollar dogs in less than 4 days, you should stock up on bathroom reading material beforehand.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here or in the "Too Stupid Thread" - Ha! I also know that one-liners are discouraged by the moderators. I'm always so afraid I'll get kicked out of BF.net for breaking a rule I didn't know existed. That's not a shot, that's true! Does this post belong here?
You may run like Mays...

Does this post belong here?

Heck if I know. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Occasional one-liners are OK. If all you ever post is one-liners, then you might hear from us.

And unless you have just an epically bad post - the message board equivalent of a nuclear bomb or something - you won't be just kicked out.

I'm not helping with the chaos, am I?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hate Tony Gywnn Jr.!!

Not as a player... not as a person... not as a reserve outfielder... hell I'm not against his current role as a Brewer (I just don't think he'll ever be more than a 4th outfielder)... but when my friends get all excited about him it's what I say... sort of how I say I hate Brady Poppinga... and then they seem to go out of their way to do something really good... maybe I should say it more often?

i hate bagels. i've always hated bagels. they don't taste like the thing they're allegedly flavored as.

I second this post!

I hate it when I'm posting here and I have another board opened that I'm allowed to swear in and I accidentally put the swear post in here and have to either quickly delete the post or edit it before a mod sees it. I can't help it that I like to occasionally swear, and by occasionally I mean about once every 5 minutes.

Everyone's talking about an extension for Corey Hart. Do we know if the Brewers have real plans to move Hart to CF at some point? If they don't, I would not give Hart a long term deal and would consider him as part of a trade package for top-end starting pitching, considering LaPorta and Gamel's status in the minors.

Archived