Brewer Fanatic

Owen Murphy of 1070 ESPN radio in Madison rips Brewerfan.net

Even tonight, he actually goes to Gagne to save the game. I, for one, did not see that coming.

The last 4 days, boiled down to the essential events:

GAGNE: Boy, coach, I sure do stink. No way I should be the closer anymore. I need some time to think, you know, get my head on straight and all.

YOST: What a great idea! It was very brave of you to admit to your problem. Closer-by-committee until further notice.

GAGNE: (scratches head)

GAGNE: (scratches beard)

GAGNE: (scratches head some more)

GAGNE: Boy, was that ever refreshing. I feel 100% better now. Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

YOST: Right then, in you go.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say that Homer probably represents the average bf.net poster with maybe a bit less knowledge about the minors and more knowledge about the players, since he's more plugged in media-wise than we are. I generally enjoy listening to him, and find that my opinions pretty line up with his at about 80% regarding the team.

I like Homer a lot, and I think this is a great overview. He had a great interview with Kendall yesterday. --

I'd say that Homer probably represents the average bf.net poster with maybe a bit less knowledge about the minors and more knowledge about the players, since he's more plugged in media-wise than we are. I generally enjoy listening to him, and find that my opinions pretty line up with his at about 80% regarding the team.

I like Homer a lot, and I think this is a great overview. He had a great interview with Kendall yesterday. --

I like a lot of what Homer does, too.

Hat tip to this guy coming on here and "facing the music" at least for as much music as can be generated by a lowly message board.

I've got to go sharpen my pencils now and re-tape my glasses.

Well, I don't think it took all that much in the way of intestinal fortitude to come here. It's a message board for chrissakes.

You'd be surprised how much trouble many people have divorcing the internet from day-to-day reality. By that I mean that if a lot of people were ripped on they would either freak out like a firing squad were staring them down, or would come out guns a-blazin' talking trash like an idiot. Always remember, most people on the internet are extremely wealthy, very good looking, a sexual legend, and a master of no fewer than 30 types of hand-to-hand combat. I'd go on, but I need to get back to launching my yacht so it'll be ready for the party Hef and i are throwing this weekend.

Well, I don't think it took all that much in the way of intestinal fortitude to come here. It's a message board for chrissakes.

You'd be surprised how much trouble many people have divorcing the internet from day-to-day reality. By that I mean that if a lot of people were ripped on they would either freak out like a firing squad were staring them down, or would come out guns a-blazin' talking trash like an idiot. Always remember, most people on the internet are extremely wealthy, very good looking, a sexual legend, and a master of no fewer than 30 types of hand-to-hand combat. I'd go on, but I need to get back to launching my yacht so it'll be ready for the party Hef and i are throwing this weekend.

if i weren't on Brewerfan.net so often, i'd be a supermodel ninja.

Always remember, most people on the internet are:

extremely wealthy

Check

very good looking

Check

a sexual legend

Check

and a master of no fewer than 30 types of hand-to-hand combat

Check

Wow - I cannot believe how perfectly you described me here!

I gotta say Owen, you really went out of your way to not only apologize for the initial comments you made, but pimp the crap out of us on the air. I'd also like to apologize for the comments I made earlier in the thread, as they were made out of frustration. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you promote your show.

I gotta say Owen, you really went out of your way to not only apologize for the initial comments you made, but pimp the crap out of us on the air. I'd also like to apologize for the comments I made earlier in the thread, as they were made out of frustration. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you promote your show.

Aw hell, just listen. I think we have the best sports talk radio show in Wisconsin...mostly because of my co-host Mike.

Wow, Owen's becoming a regular amongst us nerds. Perhaps he, himself, has become one? = )

Thanks for taking part in the discussion and everything, Owen. It's always appreciated when we have one more person to talk baseball (or just random things) with.

Wow, Owen's becoming a regular amongst us nerds. Perhaps he, himself, has become one? = )

Thanks for taking part in the discussion and everything, Owen. It's always appreciated when we have one more person to talk baseball (or just random things) with.

Someone get that man 20 cc's of pencil protector, Stat (...geek)!

I wanted to mention that I was listening to their show at 4:15 PM yesterday during a discussion about Prince Fielder and they were talking about possibly trading Prince (given the limitations of total salary on the team and LaPorta being around). During the conversation, they wondered aloud about what Prince would be worth in a trade and asked if someone from Brewerfan.net could weigh in as to the value.

All is well again in Brewerfan.net kingdom. Perhaps someone can contact them and share some ideas about Fielder's worth (Prince for Kershaw!).

On my way home today from La Crosse I switched to 1070 around Madison (just from hearing about it thru this thread) because I could not stand to listen to the Brewer game anymore and an ad for a golf outing made it sound like Owen sucks. What's up with that Owen?

On my way home today from La Crosse I switched to 1070 around Madison (just from hearing about it thru this thread) because I could not stand to listen to the Brewer game anymore and an ad for a golf outing made it sound like Owen sucks. What's up with that Owen?

I shot a 62.

Yet I am not a solid ball striker. Hiyooooo!

Sadly, that was on 9-holes. I do suck. My swing looks really good...but results are very bad. I've never taken lessons, so I really have no idea what I am doing.

ESPNOwen wrote:

Yet I am not a solid ball striker. Hiyooooo!

Sadly, that was on 9-holes. I do suck. My swing looks really good...but results are very bad. I've never taken lessons, so I really have no idea what I am doing.

See ball, hit ball. See beer cart, buy beer.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived