Brewer Fanatic

Bill Schroeder clones?

I'm happy to see some people defend Rock. I've always liked him, and if anything he's had some pretty lame play-by-play partners. BA is just boring, and Sutton annoyed me with the way he would spout about how great certain players were. Every now and then I'll catch a Padres broadcast on Extra Innings and wish Vasgersian was still calling Brewer games. I thought he and Rock were good together, partially because you never knew what Vasgersian was going to say next so it kept the repetition down.
You may run like Mays...

honestly, I understand that he's repetitive at times. But for all those of you "bashing" him, tell me, what should he say? Please, tell me, specifically, WHAT should he be saying instead.

The one that bugs me the most is "that was a tough pitch to take with two strikes!" when the pitch is a ball. It's a ball, and the guy took it, yet he's questioning it. Why not say, "Nice job to lay off that pitch" or "impressive plate discipline" or something like that?

Rock is a very good color guy compared to those around MLB. And pitchleague -- I only made a comment mimicking Rock bc I thought it was funny that someone else noticed this about him. I never took this thread to be negative, for the most part it really puts a smile on my face.

I am a big Schroeder backer... there are literally only a small handful of color commentators out there that I'd prefer over him objectively. And subjectively, I've grown up with Rock as my Brewers mainstay -- I don't want him to leave! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived