Brewer Fanatic

4/13/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Reyes): POSTPONED

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill Hall is being given a day off not a benching. If there is one thing that we should have learned about Yost's managerial style by now its that he doesn't allow a slump to alter his belief in a particular player. Turnbow and Jenkins have been examples where he played this hand for perhaps a bit too long, Hardy and Weeks can be seen as examples of this being a positive managerial trait. Also, without being able to cite particular numbers, I would say that the vast majority of times that Yost gives a starter a day off he does so at a time when a scheduled off-day actually makes it a two day rest which the Thursday off day would have done. Now with the rainout it will be three and maybe four off-days, and whenever the Crew is back playing my guess is that Hall will be as well.

Has this EVER happened in the past with the Bucks? For the life of me, I never remember such an obscene struggle to get Brewers coverage in April before.

Seriously, like half the Brewers games played so far have gone un-televised outside of the city of Milwaukee, and that's just absurd.

It seems that in the past, when the Bucks had good teams, that you could not find their big games on TV or on the radio because of the Brewers. I remember not being able to find game 7 of a conference semi-final against Seattle because the Brewers were on the radio and the local TV station with the rights to the game had a telethon on. Now, when the Bucks are terrible and optimism abounds with the Brewers the situation is reversed on TV.

They could make it up Jul 30th, as we happen to have a 3 game set at St. Louis prior to that day with the 30th off. But that would have us playing 27 days straight, a pretty brutal stretch. Not sure if MLB as a precedent usually minds having teams play that many days in a row, or if they'd rather just do the double header on Sunday. I guess we'll see, but I don't know when else it would really work into the schedule except those 2 games. This early in the season, I'd be shocked if they tentatively cancelled the game and replayed only if playoff implications came about. They'll make it up sometime.

Sorry guys, I don't even see Saturday's game at all on the broadcast schedule....so I don't think we can chalk this one up on the Bucks....looks like it was just one left off the schedule...which seems odd, for a Saturday game vs. St. Louis....bummer...let's hope for rain!

Ooops, thanks for the correction iluvlamp....that's what happens when I have to go to bowling and I'm out of the Brewers loop for 3 hours, I come back home and pretend I still know what's going on....my bad, http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived