Brewer Fanatic

4/13/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Reyes): POSTPONED

wOOgiE22

why can't billy play third and gross in center? that would be ideal until braun was called up anyway. I know i know bill is the CF now...

This has been beat to death, but it is infuriating that it doesn't happen, so I don't blame people for bringing it up. Gross should hit against all righties - he's been solid as a rock for well over a year now and he's a good outfielder to boot. Graffy gives you a decent AB, but he has nowhere near the power of Gross. Counsell is playing way too much. Hall played a solid 3b last year when called upon.

So to recap:

Hall is an infielder (trying to learn OF and costing us early)

Gross is a good hitter, good outfielder and can play center.

Graffsel is not nearly as good as either of the above.

Therefore, Hall plays 3B, Gross plays center, and the Brewers are a better team. Doesn't seem that difficult.

The only Problem with this whole scenario, and the reason it won't happen, is because Hall would have to be moved to the OF once Braun is called up, so instead of struggling in CF in April, he would be struggling in CF well into July. It just seems like a catch-22 for the moment.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you cant have two OFers playing to get through their slumps(Hall, Hart).

I don't know how 23 AB's for Hart can even be classified as a slump, really the same goes for Hall. If Hart had two more dribblers get through, he'd be at .261 and no one would even notice.

Quote:
I don't know how 23 AB's for Hart can even be classified as a slump, really the same goes for Hall. If Hart had two more dribblers get through, he'd be at .261 and no one would even notice.

What Jenkins did last year is a slump. 23 AB? No way.

Yes only middle infielders hitting under .100 with a sub 700 career OPS get to play through their slumps.

Yeh, well that middle infielder happens to have not one but TWO World Series rings. The guy flat out knows how to win.

Yeah, according to rotoworld too. Well, OK fine with batting him down in the order, but RF? Why not 3B? If Hall isn't going to be playing ONE position like it was thought, then let him do what he does best, and that's play everywhere with a big stick.

If he's not going to play CF everyday, then do play him where he gained his value in the first place....EVERYWHERE. I'll be fine with this if they actually are admitting to a mistake, or having an open mind about what's what. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be musical chairs in the OF though with Counsell still getting 5 starts a week at 3B.

At the start of the Brewers pregame show, they mentioned that Hall was going to be sitting for a second straight game. So, either Yost decided to make a last minute change to the lineup or gameday is wrong.

I'm going to start listening to the radio pregame show and see if they mention anything.

That new chick is Marney Gellner. She used to do Madison sports on one of the networks. Maybe Ann was just too flustered with her start in Wisconsin, and Marney (who went up to FSN North (Minnesota)) was more than happy to come back to Wisconsin?

Archived