Brewer Fanatic

4/13/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Reyes): POSTPONED

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not looking good at all. Looks like the rain has just hit the edge of St Louis. Unless something dramatic happens, I don't think we will be seeing Brewer baseball tonight http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Well, I don't mean to be a wet blanket or anything (pun intended) but unless the Cardinals have some sort of invisible force field, they are gonna get some major rain.

Unless LaRussa can drink it all.

What? Too soon?

actually, radar looks sort of promising. The storm is turning a bit northward, and with 2 hours till game time, I can see it being played with only light rain. The southerly edge of the system appears a bit weaker. Perhaps the game starts with around a 20 minute delay.

Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 2 3 .242 SS Eckstein, David 0 2 .306 SS Hardy, JJ 1 4 .324 LF Duncan, Chris 2 4 .320 1B Fielder, Prince 1 5 .308 1B Pujols, Albert 1 2 .176 CF Gross, Gabe 1 3 .375 3B Rolen, Scott 1 6 .192 C Estrada, Johnny 0 2 .300 CF Edmonds, Jim 0 0 .227 LF Jenkins, Geoff 3 8 .400 RF Wilson, Preston 0 3 .192 RF Hart, Corey 1 3 .190 2B Kennedy, Adam 0 0 .130 3B Graffanino, Tony 0 0 .250 C Molina, Yadier 0 3 .231 P Sheets, Ben (1-1, 3.60) P Reyes, Anthony (0-1, 5.40) 

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

because he's looked completely lost at the plate so far this year? and we need to beat the cards, and gross had an OPS of over .900 vs. righties last year? yeah, small sample, i know

btw, ... not in blue, i wish CC was starting tonight too, although graffy does need to get his ABs in too to stay fresh

Interesting to see that Hall isn't in there despite some success off of Reyes. Although I choose not to blame Yost. More often than not, when there's a bullpen or lineup decision that seems odd, we later find out that there was a very good reason for it. It could be that the field is wet and Hall has had a tight hamstring, or something along those lines.

i hope that this won't evolve into a situation where yost underplays an injury, and eventually the player is out for a significant part of the season. i don't see a reason why hall would be out 2 games in a row; i suspect a tight hamstring or something like that.

If there's an actual reason behind Hall being out again, then fine. If not, just another puzzling move by Yost. Move him down in the order or something. A day off is fine...three days off (with the day off) in April is ridiculous. I don't care what kind of slump he's in. Isn't he supposed to be one of the best hitters on the team?

Archived