Brewer Fanatic

4/13/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Reyes): POSTPONED

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new rule on suspending games does not apply to games called after 5 innings in which a team has the lead...correct? If that's the case, let's hope for a complete game, 6-inning shutout from Sheeter!

I fully expect this game to get called well before it's scheduled starting time. The storm in the middle of the country is massive

One thing for sure, it won't be rescheduled as part of a traditional doubleheader. The Cards sell out virtually their entire season, and that would leave fans with tickets to this game with no way to get a replacement ticket. I'd look for either a day-night doubleheader on the Brewers visit in July or a makeup on a mutual off day though the latter may be subject to one team or other waiving the rule for playing on more than what 20 or so consecutive days.

Correct badger, only games tied after the 5th are suspended. any lead after the full completion of an inning or 4 1/2 with the home team ahead and the game is official and could be over, if so called by the crew chief.

Just to further touch up on the delayed games issue. Has a playoff game or world series game ever been called after 5 innings due to rain? I know rules are rules, but that would really stink to have be down say, 3-2 after 5 innings and have the game called as being over rather than suspended and finished, especially the playoffs.

I think they have changed policies since its been a while since I've seen shortened games. Really, Tuesday's game against the Marlins should have been called in the 7th. But I think they try to get 9 in and then suspend if needs be. My guess is if it was tied in the 7th it might have been suspended as well.

well, tonight's game seems a wash. The only good thing is that they haven't had rain yet today or yesterday, according to radar. So the field won't be unplayable. If a window develops, it could be possible they play. But most likely we're going to be playing two on Sunday.

I still can't tell the directional movement on that storm, first it looks traditional west to east, then again, it looks like something from the south is dividing it up the middle and kind of pusing the middle northward? Not that it matters, but it says wind is out of the NE, meaning it is pusing the system towards the south?

this map looks like it could stay south?

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/USMO0787?clip=687&region=null&collection=localwxforecast&presname=Saint%20Louis,%20MO%20Forecast&name=index_large_animated&day=1

I think they'll probably play tonight, but if not I'm guessing it gets moved to the Monday, July 30. Both teams have an off day and its after the reguarly scheduled series in St. Louis (July 27-29), the Brewers only other visit to Busch Stadium this season.

I think they'll probably play tonight, but if not I'm guessing it gets moved to the Monday, July 30

I can't imagine they'd do that, given that teams and players love off days. More than likely the teams would vote to play a double header either Sunday or in the series in July. In general, they always want to keep the off days open in case of future rainouts.

Quote:
I can't imagine they'd do that, given that teams and players love off days. More than likely the teams would vote to play a double header either Sunday or in the series in July. In general, they always want to keep the off days open in case of future rainouts.

They love making money even more, so the Cards and MLB would rather play Monday instead of losing the gate for that game.

Plus, it's not the Brwers and Cards decision to "vote" on it. MLB decides how the games are made-up. You don't suppose the Tribe voted to play home games in Milwaukee do you?

Plus, it's not the Brwers and Cards decision to "vote" on it. MLB decides how the games are made-up. You don't suppose the Tribe voted to play home games in Milwaukee do you?

yes and no. There's a clause in the CBA which says that teams cannot play a certain number of days in a row without Union/player consent. I'm not sure of the number, but it's somewhere in the 20s I believe. A game scheduled for that Monday likely would require a vote at this point in the season.

Realistically, I still think it's a DH this weekend or in that series, but not on a mutual off day.

Archived