Brewer Fanatic

Pinky and the Braun

InsomniacInkRoss
Ok, I had to look it up. Not really familiar with that show. Was it an adult humor cartoon? If not, I'm not sure how the 25-40 age group would be familiar with it. It was popular in the mid 90's. So, if you watched it when you were 8, you would be in your low to mid 20's now. Unless your familiar with it because you had kid's that watched it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

23 years old and I have no clue what that would be reference to.

I think this is about the cut-off. I'm 26 and loved the show...and I'm using part of my stimulus check to buy the DVDs (before this thread even came out). But most people 3-4 years younger don't really know what I'm talking about. I'm sure most have heard the "try to take over the world" at some point in their life, though...even if they didn't know where it's from.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I'm 23 and I remember watching this show just about every day after school. It was one of my favorites as a kid. Helped me learn the state capitals.

I smiled when I saw the headline, and figured that some wouldn't get it.

I'm 22 and I used to watch the show (the original, not the spin-off) religiously. I've got season one on DVD and while it was awesome back then, it's even better now when I actually understand the references in it.

I'm 23 and I remember watching this show just about every day after school. It was one of my favorites as a kid. Helped me learn the state capitals.

I smiled when I saw the headline, and figured that some wouldn't get it.

Same here. I'm 24 and always loved it. My roommate and i still do the wheel of morality bit sometimes.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

<<22 years old

I loved this show. My favorite episode would probably be the Christmas Special w/ the Noodle-noggin doll.

I also loved Hysteria and Animaniacs.

3TO Apostle

Ok, I had to look it up. Not really familiar with that show. Was it an adult humor cartoon? If not, I'm not sure how the 25-40 age group would be familiar with it. It was popular in the mid 90's. So, if you watched it when you were 8, you would be in your low to mid 20's now. Unless your familiar with it because you had kid's that watched it.

It has enough wild action for the kids, but was absolutely brilliant for anyone 20-30 when it came out. What other show would make a cannibalism reference in a Christmas episode?

The fact that a show is fun for kids but also for adults is one of the best things about the cartoons of my adulthood (1990-present). The kids love the action and slapstick stuff then, when they get older and watch re-runs, can understand and enjoy the cartoons on a whole different level.

Scooby Doo, Superfriends, Laff-a-lympics, Smurfs (i.e. cartoons from my youth) just don't have that re-watch-ability that today's shows do.

The same thing goes for many of those CGI movies from Pixar, Dreamworks, etc. The movies are fun for the kids AND the adults.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived